IM operative arrested in KolkataApril 12th, 2012 - 10:12 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata April 12 (IANS) A suspected member of the Indian Mujaheedin (IM) terror outfit was recently arrested by the Karnataka Police from the southwestern fringes of the city, according to a top police source.
Kamal Hassan, an operative of an IM cell, was picked up form the Gardenreach-Metiabruz area in connection with an explosion outside Chinnaswamy stadium in Karnataka on April 17, 2010, the source said Thursday.
The three others rounded up alongside Hassan were released after interrogation.
Hassan, who is said to have arranged the logistics and helped the operatives, has been taken to Karnataka for questioning.
In April 2010, two low-intensity blasts took place outside the gate 12 of the Chinnaswamy stadium, injuring four people before the match between the Royal Challengers Bangalore and Mumbai Indians.
- Delhi Police get custody of two terror suspects - Jul 09, 2012
- Terror suspects to be brought from Bangalore to Delhi - Jun 25, 2012
- Maudany's hand suspected in blasts at Chinnaswamy stadium - Aug 24, 2010
- IPL season begins in Bangalore under tight vigil - Apr 07, 2012
- Police suspect international gang behind Bangalore blasts - Apr 20, 2010
- Six Indian Mujahideen suspects held for terror attacks - Nov 30, 2011
- National Investigating Agency begins probe into Bangalore blasts - Apr 20, 2010
- Yeddyuruppa objects to BCCI shifting IPL semi-finals out of Bangalore - Apr 19, 2010
- Rs.15 lakh reward for clues about IM mastermind - Dec 01, 2011
- Nitish Kumar to raise arrest of terror suspect with centre - May 08, 2012
- 'Anti-sabotage checks not made outside Bangalore stadium' - Apr 21, 2010
- Scarce tickets, long wait, rain threat for India-England tie - Feb 26, 2011
- Security beefed up at Eden Gardens for KKR-Mumbai match - Apr 18, 2010
- Suspicious object found outside Bangalore's M. Chinnaswamy Stadium - Apr 18, 2010
- Two explosive devices found at Bangalore stadium (Lead) - Apr 18, 2010