I’m not returning to TV soon: Prachi DesaiAugust 23rd, 2008 - 9:44 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 23 (IANS) Small screen star Prachi Desai, who has made her way to Bollywood with “Rock On”, says she may not be returning to television any time soon.The 20-year-old plays director-turned-actor Farhan Akhtar’s leading lady in the movie that releases Aug 29.
“I don’t know when I will go back to TV. If my films don’t do well, I will have to go back. But right now I’m doing films and I hope it takes me somewhere,” Prachi told IANS.
“It is not that I don’t want to go back to my TV image of wearing saris, but it is too early to do all that again. I have other films in hand also. So TV will wait for now,” she added.
Apart from “Rock On”, Prachi is doing Abbas-Mustan’s “Life Partner” in which she will be sharing screen space with actors like Fardeen Khan, Govinda, Tusshar Kapoor and Genelia D’Souza.
The young actress walked her way to success with her portrayal of Bani in TV soap “Kasamh Se”.
For her debut film “Rock On”, she has undergone an image makeover. She gives all credit to director Abhishek Kapoor for her new look.
“What I was doing on TV was very regressive. I have done nothing for my looks in the film. It was all Abhishek’s vision. It was all that he wanted me to do in the film and all thanks to the people who have worked on my styling. I just had to carry the character,” said Prachi, who was in the capital to promote her film.
Dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans teamed with a fitted black “Rock On” top with a light cream jacket over it, Prachi looked like any other girl her age.
About her role in the film, Prachi said: “My character’s name is Sakshi and I play Aditya’s (Farhan’s) wife in the film. It is very unlike what you have seen me do on TV. I play a more sophisticated character who is a mature girl and very positive of course. Somebody who can do anything to see her husband happy.”
The film narrates the story of four friends who put together a rock band Magik but fail to make it a success. Years later, fate brings them back together and sets them on a journey back to where they left off, only to live their cherished dream.
Other actors in the film include Arjun Rampal, Purab Kohli, Luke Kenny, Shahana Goswami and Koel Puri.
- I'm not going back to TV: Prachi Desai - May 12, 2012
- Outsiders are not taken seriously in Bollywood: Prachi Desai - Jul 04, 2012
- Sushant Singh Rajput in movie version of '3 Mistakes Of My Life'? - Apr 30, 2012
- Unfortunate that Emraan's kisses still make news: Prachi Desai - Jul 14, 2010
- All set for makeover: Prachi Desai - Aug 25, 2011
- Prachi, Neha thank moms for their support - May 10, 2012
- Prachi happy to play her age in 'I, Me Aur Main' - Jun 24, 2012
- Waited long to play my age on screen: Prachi Desai - Apr 11, 2012
- Prachi Desai excited about playing don's wife in Ekta's film - Apr 12, 2009
- From director to actor, role reversal is in - Aug 30, 2012
- Bollywood needs fresh talent: Director Abhishek Kapoor (Interview) - Jun 29, 2012
- Arjun's real life birthday in reel - Nov 29, 2011
- Censors out of sync with today's youth: Sonam Kapoor - Dec 22, 2011
- I like taking risks, says Sushant Singh Rajput - Jul 13, 2012
- TV is stepping stone to films, says actor Gautam Gulati (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012