I’m no underdog, I was born with a silver spoon: Sonam KapoorJanuary 23rd, 2009 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 23 (IANS) Her 2007 debut vehicle “Saawariya” sank without a trace at the box office, but one-film old Sonam Kapoor is unperturbed and says she is no underdog.”I did my first film with Sanjay Leela Bhansali and my second film ‘Delhi-6′ is with Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra. These are big names and I am on top of the world. I am not at all an underdog. I am Anil Kapoor’s daughter. I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth,” Sonam told reporters here Friday.
Sonam was speaking at a press conference for the 54th Idea Filmfare Awards 2008. She was here to promote her forthcoming film “Delhi-6″, releasing next month.
Sonam maintained that though “Saawariya”, which was released in 2007, failed to click at the box office, it brought her critical acclaim and she “got whatever she needed from the film”.
The 23-year-old actress stressed that she is very much in the league of young actors like her “Saawariya” co-star Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone, who debuted same year with hit movie “Om Shanti Om”.
In fact, Deepika walked away with the Filmfare award for best female debut last year.
“Awards are important and it was important for me to win one for ‘Saawariya’. I was quite upset that I didn’t get the award,” she said.
Sonam, who has recently signed a comic caper “Come On Pappu” with Akshay Kumar, finds comparison with Deepika unfair.
“I can’t compare myself with Deepika. She is doing mostly commercial roles and I am not. She is signing more films, but I want to do one film at a time. It takes nearly a year for a film to be made and that’s why I am being seen lesser than her,” said Sonam.
- Sonam surprised at being tagged 'sexy' - Dec 20, 2011
- Sonam Kapoor turns 26, gets chocolate cake from sister - Jun 09, 2011
- I'm stylish, not sexy: Sonam Kapoor - Aug 09, 2012
- Who's likely to head to Cannes from B-Town? - Apr 07, 2012
- B-town wishes love, luck for Sonam's birthday - Jun 09, 2012
- Films dont fail, budgets fail: Sonam Kapoor (Interview) - Jun 26, 2010
- Censors out of sync with today's youth: Sonam Kapoor - Dec 22, 2011
- Sonam and Ranbir ever to be seen together on the silver screen again? - May 14, 2010
- Mehra to start shooting 'Bhag Milkha Bhag' soon - Jul 17, 2011
- Abhishek's survival tips for Sonam - Dec 23, 2011
- Stylists make everyone look the same: Sonam - Mar 21, 2012
- Farah Khan has magic in her hands: Sonam Kapoor - Nov 18, 2010
- Sonam Kapoor busy with five projects this year - Apr 03, 2010
- I'd like to write an autobiography some day: Sonam - Apr 06, 2012
- Friendship a liability in Bollywood: Sanjay Leela Bhansali (Interview) - Oct 15, 2011