I’m nervous about acting in ‘Shirin Farhad’: Farah KhanJune 6th, 2011 - 7:51 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 6 (IANS) She has essayed the role of a choreographer, a director and a reality show judge with ease and confidence, but Farah Khan is a tad nervious about her acting debut in “Shirin Farhad”.
“It is a difficult task. I’m quite nervous, sometimes thinking that I hope I haven’t gone too far. Playing a character is a different ball game altogether. How will she walk, talk, clothes, everything needs to be taken care of. Bela and sanjay have promised that they will hold my hand and take me through this,” Farah told IANS in an interview.
The film will be produced by Bhansali and directed by his sister Bela Sehgal. She accepted the offer because the script appealed to her and she also believes one should never say no to anything in life.
“It was a very nice script and it’s being made by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, so it’s going to be a movie of some quality. It will be of a sudden standard. It will be a good looking film and it will have certain values. The role was really very much like what I am, so I decided to do it,” said the mother of three.
“I’ve always believed that you have one life and you should not say no to any opportunity that comes your way if its good, thinking what will other people say if I do this. I have never done that in my life.
“I mean, I married when I was 40, had children when I was 43. I don’t give a damn to what people say, so this was something I felt would be nice, so I decided to do it. I’m sure it will be a very good experience in my life. I may not do it again, but as a life experience, I’ll have fun doing it,” added the 46-year-old.
The film is a love story aggainst the backdrop of the Parsi community. It also stars Boman Irani in the lead.
“It’s going to be a slice of life kind of a film. I’m Shirin in it and Boman is Farhad. It’s an age appropriate film about two people who have missed the bus of the marriageable age. So it’s a very sweet love story that’s funny and sad. I loved the script. The workshops for the film will start in July-August,” said Farah who recently hit the bull’s eye for choreographing chartbusters “Munni badnaam hui” and “Sheila ki jawaani”.
Currently Farah is busy judging entertainment show “Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega” on Sony Entertainment Television with co-judge Anu Malik.
“This season will be great and very entertaining. This time it is stunt special, which will happen outdoor. The dose of fun is higher this time around,” said Farah, who is judging the show for the fourth time.
- The perks of being Sanjay Bhansali's sister - Jun 28, 2012
- I almost fainted when Shirin's role was offered: Farah - May 31, 2012
- Without Shirish's support, couldn't have acted: Farah - Jun 20, 2012
- 'Shirin Farhad Ki...' has an unusual story: Madhuri - May 31, 2012
- Bela Sehgal doesn't rule out 'Shirin Farhad...' sequel - Aug 25, 2012
- I'm not comfortable with romantic scenes: Boman Irani - Jul 28, 2012
- We all want Sanjay to get married: Bela Sehgal - Jun 22, 2012
- Leopard on 'Ek Thi Daayan' sets (Movie Snippets) - Jun 08, 2012
- Farah got kiss scene removed from 'Shirin Farhad...' - Jul 27, 2012
- Farah finds acting funny! - Jan 27, 2012
- When Farah danced to Geeta's tune - Jul 15, 2012
- At 49, I'm still looking for love: Sanjay Leela Bhansali - Aug 25, 2012
- Shah Rukh showers praise on Farah - Jul 24, 2012
- Karan Johar not keen on making legendary love stories - Jul 17, 2012
- Boman romances Farah in 'Shirin...' at wife's behest - Aug 22, 2012
Tags: backdrop, ball game, bela, boman irani, choreographer, debut, farah khan, farhad, good experience, good thinking, life experience, love story, mumbai, nervious, parsi community, reality show, sanjay leela, show judge, slice of life, tad