I’m jealous of Harman Baweja: Amrita RaoJanuary 28th, 2009 - 3:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 28 (IANS) Bollywood actress Amrita Rao says she is jealous of her “Victory” co-star Harman Baweja because he has several scenes with national and international cricketers while she didn’t have even one in the movie.“Don’t sprinkle salt on the wound,” whined Amrita when she was asked if she got to share screen space with any of the cricketers in “Victory”. “I didn’t get a single chance to shoot with any cricketer. It has all been Harman’s privilege and I am very jealous of him,” Amrita told IANS.
Releasing Firday, “Victory” is directed by debutant Ajitpal Mangat and is the story of a father’s dream that his son, who is from a small village in Rajasthan, will become a national cricketer. How the young man becomes an acclaimed cricketer forms the remaining plot.
The film has cameos by cricketers including Michael Hussey, Brett Lee, Stuart Clark, Allan Border, Yusuf Pathan, Irfan Pathan, R.P. Singh, Ishant Sharma, Harbhajan Singh, Sanath Jayasurya and Dilhara Fernando.
About her role, Amrita said: “I play Nandini, a medical student from Jaisalmer. The character is very strong and inspiring. Nandini’s character is basically very vocal about her mind.”
Amrita was here Tuesday to promote a new range of watches by the Gitanjali Group at the Rajouri Garden market.
The actress, last seen in Shyam Benegal’s “Welcome To Sajjanpur”, says she had “a nice time working with Harman”.
“Not even once it come across that he was acting like a cricketer. He used to give such subtle expressions while shooting with the professional cricketers and facing bowls from legendary players,” said Amrita.
Amrita is confident that the film will do well even though it is pitched against the much-hyped Farhan Akhtar-starrer “Luck By Chance”, releasing on the same day.
“It wasn’t easy to convince so many legendary cricketers to star in a Bollywood film,” she said.
After “Victory”, Amrita is looking forward to her next film ““Shortcut - The Con Is On!” that stars Akshay Khanna and Arshad Warsi. It is produced by Anil Kapoor.
- Priyanka is happy for my 'Victory', says Harman - Jan 30, 2009
- 'Victory' - about cricket, dreams, life (IANS Film Review; Rating: ***) - Jan 30, 2009
- The cricket fraternity backed my film 'Victory', says director - Dec 30, 2008
- Javed Akhtar does 'bhangra' on son Farhan's show (Film snippets) - Jan 07, 2009
- Harman Baweja, the one batsman who faced Muralitharan easily - Feb 01, 2009
- 'Bollywood film 'Victory' aimed at cricket-mad South Asia' - Feb 01, 2009
- Confident, not over-confident of 'Heroine', says Kareena - Sep 01, 2012
- Of legends and stars: Mamata, Hillary discuss Tagore, SRK - May 07, 2012
- Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra mourns loss of mother - Sep 10, 2012
- Now I know why Chetan Bhagat is famous: Amrita Puri (Movie Snippets) - Jul 09, 2012
- Balki jealous of wife Gauri - Aug 14, 2012
- Amrita Puri calls Abhishek real star of 'Kai Po Che' - Jul 13, 2012
- President hosts BRICS leaders at cultural soiree, banquet - Mar 28, 2012
- Bollywood values costume designing more now: National Award winner - Apr 24, 2012
- I survived because of TV, so I respect it: Amit Sadh - Jul 11, 2012