I’m for nuclear deal, anytime, anywhere: Rahul GandhiSeptember 24th, 2008 - 3:53 pm ICT by IANS
Jalandhar (Punjab), Sep 24 (IANS) Congress MP Rahul Gandhi Wednesday said he was strongly in favour of the India-US civil nuclear deal, which is close to being finalised.”I am absolutely in favour of the nuclear deal. Anytime, anywhere,” said Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi in this Punjab city Wednesday.
Gandhi was replying to questions regarding the Indo-US nuclear deal from the media here on the last day of his three-day trip to Punjab.
Gandhi also said he was not in the running to be prime minister.
“Manmohan Singh is our prime minister. Our party has chosen to project him as prime minister in the next general elections also,” Gandhi said.
He said Manmohan Singh was responsible for the growing stature of India internationally. “He is responsible for India becoming the second fastest growing nation in the world,” Gandhi added.
He said the media had misquoted him as saying that the “issue of being prime minister was open and not closed yet”.
- WikiLeaks disclosure: Allegations totally baseless, says Sharma - Mar 17, 2011
- WikiLeaks expose: US embassy refuses to comment - Mar 17, 2011
- WikiLeaks exposes UPA's cash for vote deal - Mar 17, 2011
- Clinton meets PM - May 07, 2012
- Clamour grows for larger role in Congress for Rahul (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Rahul gets 'proactive', will be Congress no. 2 (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- PM welcomes bigger role for Rahul in Congress - Nov 12, 2011
- Rahul could play a role both in party and government, says Congress - Jul 21, 2012
- Aggressive Sonia spurs Congress, forces Advani to retract (Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Khurshid's comments on Rahul are fodder for BJP, Left (Intro Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- Is Manmohan Singh Sonia's poodle, asks British daily - Jul 16, 2012
- Rahul ready for bigger role, to be No 2 in party (Night Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Why the accidental PM is becoming irreplaceable (Comment) - Feb 26, 2011
- I'll welcome Rahul Gandhi to UPA government: Manmohan Singh (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Show courage on Lokpal bill, Hazare urges PM - Jan 22, 2012