I’m a qualified lawyer, will fight it out with wife: Adnan SamiFebruary 2nd, 2009 - 2:39 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 2 (IANS) Singer Adnan Sami is all set to take on the lawyer’s role for his rights and fight it out with his wife Sabah in the court, but can’t understand what she has against his ailing father and son. “I’ve taken a lot of pain during the 10 years that we’ve been married. In 2003, she left me because I was obese. I fought then. I’ll fight again. I’m a qualified lawyer,” Adnan told IANS.
“I’ve even taken on the Canadian government when it forcibly took my son (Azaan) away from me. I fought and won. And I intend to do so this time again. This isn’t about the property. I’d have happily given away anything Sabah wanted. Haven’t I gifted her my home? But no one can force me to part with anything,” he added.
A non-cognisable offence was registered against Adnan at the Oshiwara police station here Friday after Sabah accused him of “mental and physical torture”. The Pakistani singer was then summoned to the police station and warned against misbehaving with his wife in future.
Adnan rubbishes reports that he owns numerous property in the city.
“I’m being maligned and my friends from political outfits are having a field day. It’s being said I own numerous properties all over Mumbai. Bullshit! Prove it. And I’m ready to write off all that I own.
“Let this be said very clearly. I own only the three floors of Oberoi Sky Garden out of which two floors I’ve gifted to my wife. No one is going to drive me out of my own home. I’m ready to fight it out personally and legally. I’ll stand there facing any storm and then hit back only when the opponent runs out of steam.
“It’s a tradition in our family. My father who’s a diplomat and has served as an ambassador to 14 countries, put his home in my mother’s name and even named it after her - Al-Noreen. Luckily, I didn’t name our home after my wife.”
Adnan is still staying with his wife.
“My parents are in the master bedroom. My wife in another bedroom. I’m sleeping on the sofa. Can you believe it? I’ve to sleep on a sofa in my own house!”
Real trouble began when Sabah returned to Mumbai and Adnan’s ailing father had to be hospitalised. Adnan fought a bitter battle with Sabah for his father, who had a relapse of the cancer of the pancreas, to return to their home Friday.
“On Friday evening just when I brought my parents home from the hospital, the cops again visited us and requested me to accompany them to the station. They were extremely polite, almost apologetic. I must say they’ve seen my wife’s attempts to prove her dominance in my house in the right light,” Adnan said.
What Adnan can’t understand is why his wife is so keen to prove her proprietorial rights over his one property.
“She’s a tycoon. She owns property worth millions. She also runs a prominent newspaper in Dubai. Of what interest is my one property to her? And why drive my parents away? When they arrived yesterday, she immediately left. Is this how a daughter-in-law is supposed to behave? But now she’s here. I’ve given her full freedom to make her next move. And if push comes to shove (which it already has) I’m ready to fight her out personally in the court, be my own lawyer.”
“The shortest love song ever written is by the boxing champ Mohammad Ali. It’s called ‘Me, We’. To me my family always comes first. I won’t allow anyone to break my family.”
- High Drama At Adnan Sami’s Residence On Sunday Afternoon…Ex-Wife Barges In With Lawyer ... - Jan 06, 2011
- Adnan's house confiscated, ex-wife barges in with lawyer - Jan 04, 2011
- “Sometimes I Wonder What I’d Do Without My Problems”…Adnan Sami In Distress Again - Dec 31, 2010
- Let me dance and sing, says Adnan Sami after divorce - Jun 22, 2012
- Airport Authorities Apologize To Adan's Amma - Nov 30, 2009
- Adnan, Roya ready for parenthood - Aug 27, 2012
- I've informed Pakistan's PM, president about death threats: Adnan Sami - Apr 20, 2009
- Yes, I'm getting married in Europe: Adnan Sami - Jan 24, 2010
- Adnan's wife files for divorce, complains against loud music - Feb 10, 2009
- Adnan Sami's wife loses case over property in court - Feb 17, 2009
- Adnan Sami gets best birthday gift ever from wife Roya - Aug 23, 2010
- I'm incapable of any violence: Adnan Sami - Jan 31, 2009
- Nicki Minaj motivated by mother - Apr 26, 2011
- Susan Boyle visited by late mother's spirit - Dec 11, 2011
- Adnan Sami: Ex Wife Demands A Share - Jan 04, 2011