Illegal sale of royal property raised in Himachal assemblySeptember 2nd, 2008 - 11:50 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Sep 2 (IANS) The multi-million ‘benami’ (illegal) deal involving the sale of a portion of prime property of Mandi town’s former rulers was raised Tuesday in the Himachal Pradesh assembly.Replying to a call attention motion by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislators, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said, “The law will take its own course in the ‘benami’ royal property deal”.
“The purchaser of the property has been arrested along with his two associates,” Dhumal informed the house.
Mandi is about 125 km from here.
On the demand of BJP legislator Rikhi Ram Kondal that the name of the legislator who was allegedly involved in the deal should be disclosed, Dhumal said: “The rumours of the involvement of a member of the house in the deal would be looked into.”
Jai Ram Thakur, another legislator, said: “The issue is serious as along with the embezzlement of revenue duty, murder of a contractor was also linked to the case.”
- BJP in damage control mode after rebels form new outfit (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Feb 12, 2012
- Miffed Shanta wants action against corruption (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - May 04, 2012
- Ruling BJP in trouble ahead of assembly polls (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Feb 05, 2012
- Congress slams ruling BJP for Himachal land deals - Aug 21, 2011
- Himachal government promoting realtors: Congress - May 14, 2011
- Himachal to make law for confiscation of illegal property - Apr 08, 2011
- BJP appoints new Himachal unit chief - Feb 20, 2012
- Former Himachal BJP chief to become minister - Feb 22, 2012
- Himachal to confiscate illegal property of public servants - Jun 25, 2011
- Himachal cabinet expanded - Feb 23, 2012
- Judicial panel to probe Himachal land transactions - Jun 13, 2011
- Tough road ahead for Dhumal in election year (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Feb 25, 2012
- BJP rulers in illegal property deals in Himachal: Virabhadra - Apr 02, 2011
- Annandale ground: Army, Himachal head for confrontation (Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- Presidential poll voting ends in Himachal - Jul 19, 2012