Illegal drug factory busted, Nigerian heldJuly 28th, 2008 - 9:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 28 (IANS) A clandestine factory producing illicit drugs was busted in Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh and three people, including a Nigerian, were arrested on charges of trafficking, Delhi Police said Monday. Sleuths of the narcotics cell of the police also seized 21 kg of fine quality heroin, 42.5 kg of ephedrine and 23.7 liters of precursor used to manufacture these drugs.
The contraband is valued at Rs.250 million in the international market.
Ahmed Khan, 38, his driver Neeraj, 25, and a 33-year-old Nigerian national, identified as Albert Bernard alias Tony, were arrested from the west Delhi district centre Sunday.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime Branch) Alok Kumar Verma said information was received that a large drug operator based in Greater Noida, on the outskirts of the national capital, is smuggling drugs to Indonesia, Malaysia, South Africa and other countries through a Nigerian national.
“Following the inputs, we arrested Khan and Tony when the former was delivering 500 gm of heroin to the latter. After their arrests, Neeraj’s Greater Noida house was raided where Khan was running the illicit drugs manufacturing factory,” Verma added.
The police said Tony lived in Tilak Nagar and had come to India in 2004. He was arrested earlier in 2006 and was released on bail in November 2007.
Khan, a resident of Lucknow, has been living in Nepal and Afghanistan for the past 20 years. He was married to a Nepali woman in Kathmandu and his children are studying in Bangkok and Kathmandu.
Khan involved his driver Neeraj in his operation 10 months back by promising him a hefty amount, the police added.
- Nigerian, Nepali aide held, heroin seized - Feb 19, 2011
- Manipuri youth held with banned substance worth Rs.2 crore - Apr 04, 2011
- Drugs worth Rs.5 crore seized in Bengal - Feb 05, 2012
- Four tonnes of drugs destroyed in China - Jun 03, 2012
- Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 crore - Aug 05, 2011
- Nigerian held with six kg heroin - Apr 09, 2011
- India among top drugs hotspots: UN report (Lead) - Mar 02, 2011
- Drugs worth Rs.8 crore seized, two held in Bengal - Feb 07, 2012
- Chinese police bust drug ring - Jun 28, 2012
- 10 kg heroin seized in Punjab, 3 held - Feb 02, 2011
- 54 drug smugglers held in Afghanistan - Jan 10, 2011
- International drug cartel busted, 8 foreigners, 1 Indian held - Aug 25, 2010
- Pakistani with fake Afghan passport arrested - Aug 12, 2011
- Two foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.3 crore - Apr 06, 2011
- Shahabuddin, Gilani's son face arrest (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012