Illegal arms unit busted in Uttar Pradesh, four arrestedJanuary 23rd, 2009 - 2:10 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Jan 23 (IANS) Four people have been arrested and charged with making firearms at an illegal arms manufacturing factory in Azamgarh district of Uttar Pradesh, a police officer said Friday.The factory was busted and a dozen country-made pistols were seized Thursday night after a raid was conducted on a tip-off in Bhudanpur locality of Azamgarh, about 270 km from here.
“The four men confessed to supplying illegal firearms in Uttar Pradesh and its neighbouring states of Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Chhattisgarh,” police inspector Pankaj Singh told IANS on telephone.
He said a case under the Arms Act has been registered against the four people.
In the last three months, a number of residents hailing from Azamgarh have been arrested for their alleged role in terror attacks in India.
- 40 illegal firearms seized, three held in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 22, 2011
- Three arrested, 17 pistols recovered in Noida - Sep 22, 2010
- Five men held for firearms racket in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 17, 2010
- 40 illegal firearms seized, three held - Nov 10, 2011
- Illegal arms factory busted in Meerut - Jan 16, 2011
- Four held with cache of firearms - Feb 03, 2011
- Couple held with 15 pistols in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 21, 2011
- Arms smuggler held in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 10, 2011
- Machine gun, hand grenades seized from cop's house - Dec 22, 2010
- Illegal arms racket busted, 15 held - May 02, 2011
- Arms smuggler held in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 08, 2011
- Man carrying illegal arms held - Mar 22, 2011
- Gangster carrying Rs.1 lakh reward killed - Oct 28, 2011
- Gang supplying arms to Maoists busted (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Arms smuggler held with 18 pistols - Sep 12, 2011