IIT, Swamy told to settle salary issue amicably (Lead)September 4th, 2012 - 5:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 4 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Tuesday asked the Indian Institute of Technology-Delhi and Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy to amicably settle the issue of recovery of Swamy’s dues earned while serving as a teacher from 1972 to 1991.
Justice M.L. Mehta said: “You (Swamy) and the petitioner (institute) would be appearing before the mediation and conciliation centre at the high court Sep 19 at 3 p.m. to try to settle the issue.”
The high court was hearing a petition filed by the institute against a lower court order that agreed to hear Swamy’s plea seeking recovery of his dues amounting to Rs.19 lakh, along with 18 percent interest per annum from February 1991.
Swamy served in the institution as assistant professor.
The high court would next hear the matter Oct 31.
Justice Mehta asked Swamy and the IIT to inform the court about the outcome of the conciliation proceedings between them.
In the lower court, Swamy filed a suit for the recovery of his salary and allowances under a revised grade from December 1972 to May 1991, along with interest. He also demanded his gratuity and pension.
He told the court that he came to know about his dues only in 2009 after filing a right to information application.
The institute said Swamy had sought the recovery of his dues along with interest and the total claim added up to Rs.70.20 lakh, which was beyond the pecuniary jurisdiction of the lower court.
- IIT, Swamy told to settle salary issue amicably - Sep 04, 2012
- Court to hear Swamy's plea on dues from IIT-Delhi - Feb 26, 2012
- Provident fund, gratuity cannot be attached, rules court - Feb 12, 2011
- SC rejects Swamy's plea against Chidambaram (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Clean chit to Chidambaram in 2G scam (Roundup) - Feb 04, 2012
- Rs.2,196 cr Harshad Mehta dues paid to SBI, IT department (Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- Telgi seeks reduced sentence, fine in fake stamp paper cases - Nov 17, 2011
- Swamy can't be arrested till Jan 30: court (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- SC poser to Gujarat on riot-hit religious sites (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- After 35-year litigation, couple separates amicably - Mar 10, 2011
- Hold talks daily, court tells Air India, pilots (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- New apex court bench to hear 2G case (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- 2G case: Notice to CBI on Balwa's plea (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- 2G scam: Swamy allowed to argue his case personally - Aug 26, 2011
- 11-year-old disabled girl gets Rs.8 lakh compensation - Jun 08, 2011
Tags: assistant professor, delhi high court, gratuity, indian institute of technology, indian institute of technology delhi, information application, institute of technology, janata party president, jurisdiction, lakh, mediation, mehta, New Delhi, oct 31, petition, petitioner, plea, salary issue, subramanian, swamy