IIT student ends life over examsApril 24th, 2009 - 1:04 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 23 (IANS) A fourth year chemical engineering student of IIT Kharagpur allegedly committed suicide by hanging from the ceiling of his hostel room Thursday.
IIT sources said the 22-year-old student - K. Ramananda Rao - was from Andhra Pradesh.
“He failed to do well in the last semester and was depressed,” the source said.
The body was found after the sweeper alerted other students when Rao did not open his room despite persistent knocks.
The body has been handed over to the police for post mortem.
Last month, another student of the hallowed institution - Rohit Kumar - died of alleged medical negligence.
- IIT Kanpur girl commits suicide (Lead) - Nov 17, 2010
- IIT Kanpur student commits suicide - Sep 23, 2011
- Engineering student kills self - Nov 05, 2011
- Mumbai police clueless over suicide at MLA's room - Sep 18, 2012
- Student commits suicide - Feb 05, 2012
- Management student commits suicide - Aug 30, 2010
- Manipuri student commits suicide in Bangalore - May 04, 2012
- Class 7 boy commits suicide, four colleagues detained - Apr 07, 2011
- Youth commits suicide over family dispute - Jan 21, 2011
- Police hunt for Facebook lover for girlfriend's suicide - Sep 22, 2011
- Class 5 student hangs himself to death in Delhi - Jul 09, 2012
- Medical student commits suicide in AIIMS - Mar 04, 2012
- Tech student hangs himself in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 23, 2011
- Accountant found hanging in hostel room - Mar 04, 2011
- Medical student commits suicide - Jul 02, 2011