IIT-JEE exam attracts 320,000 studentsApril 13th, 2008 - 4:55 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 13 (IANS) About 320,000 students, almost 70,000 more than last year, appeared across the country Sunday for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) for admission to the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), officials said. The candidates vied for the 4,000 seats in the IITs at Kharagpur, Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, Kanpur, Guwahati and Roorkee. Delhi accounted for about 53,000 candidates.
According to IIT Delhi director Surendra Prasad, there was no change in the pattern of the question paper this time.
Each paper consisted of questions from physics, chemistry and mathematics and carried 200 marks each. The questions were of objective type.
The exam was conducted in 600 centres across the country, including 117 in the Delhi zone. The results are expected in June.
- 500,000 students take IIT-JEE exam across India - Apr 08, 2012
- IITs, IISc to use CAT 2011 for MBA admissions - Aug 29, 2011
- Hyderabad boy tops IIT-JEE (Lead) - May 25, 2011
- IIT-JEE topper aspires to be a civil servant (Second Lead) - May 25, 2011
- 10 lakh students appear in all-India engineering entrance test - Apr 30, 2012
- What's the hurry to bring common entrance test: IIT faculty - Jun 11, 2012
- Now, IIT-Kanpur seeks PM's intervention on common test - Jun 11, 2012
- IIT Kanpur revolts, to hold separate entrance exam - Jun 08, 2012
- HRD ministry calls IIT meet on common entrance test (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- States unwilling to join new IIT-JEE format - Jun 06, 2012
- The new IIT exam pattern (Factfile) - Jun 28, 2012
- Hyderabad boy tops IIT-JEE test - May 26, 2010
- 'India should have single engineering entrance exam' - Apr 25, 2012
- Can't quit IIT, reappear in entrance test: Court - Apr 05, 2012
- IIT-JEE results out, Faridabad boy tops - May 18, 2012