IIT Council’s decision hasty: Super 30 founderJune 28th, 2012 - 12:26 am ICT by IANS
Patna, June 27 (IANS) The IIT Council’s move to give 20 percent weightage to Class 12 board marks is a hasty decision, Anand Kumar, founder of ‘Super 30′, which provides free coaching to Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) aspirants, said Wednesday.
“This decision will go against poor students, who do not get the opportunity to study in elite schools,” he said here.
“Even Class 12 results are mired in controversy due to use of unfair means in examinations and manipulation to ensure good results,” said Kumar, who coaches students from poor families to crack the IIT entrance test.
He said the decision had come as a dampener for students preparing for IIT-JEE.
“Suddenly they realise that school results are also important. The IIT Council should have implemented it from 2014 at least to give the students time,” he said.
- 27/30: Bihar's Super 30 shines again in IIT-JEE results - May 18, 2012
- Dissent grows over new pattern of IIT-JEE - May 30, 2012
- 12-year-old Bihar boy clears Class 12 after cracking IIT-JEE - May 29, 2012
- States unwilling to join new IIT-JEE format - Jun 06, 2012
- 'India should have single engineering entrance exam' - Apr 25, 2012
- 24 of Bihar's Super 30 crack IIT-JEE this year - May 25, 2011
- 12-year-old Bihar boy cracks IIT-JEE - May 19, 2012
- Kapil Sibal skips IIT council meet - Jun 27, 2012
- HRD ministry calls IIT meet on common entrance test (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- HRD ministry calls IIT meet on common entrance test - Jun 22, 2012
- IIT Kanpur revolts, to hold separate entrance exam - Jun 08, 2012
- New IIT entrance format to get brighter students: Sibal - Feb 24, 2012
- Can't quit IIT, reappear in entrance test: Court - Apr 05, 2012
- IIT exam panel behind poor student quality: Super 30 founder - Oct 05, 2011
- IIT alumni to lobby against new entrance test pattern - Jun 01, 2012