IIT alumni conference in Chennai from FridayDecember 17th, 2008 - 4:19 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Dec 17 (IANS) PanIIT 2008, the three-day global conference of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) alumni, will begin at IIT Madras here Friday. Nobel Laureate economist Amartya Sen, Atomic Energy Commission chairman Anil Kakodkar, management guru C.K. Prahalad, economist Raghuram Rajan, three Tata Group CEOs - B. Muthuraman (Tata Steel), S. Ramadorai (Tata Consultancy Services) and Ravi Kant (Tata Motors) - along with Home Minister P. Chidambaram will be among the participants.
PanIIT is the umbrella organisation of all the IITs, and is partnered by the Indian Brand Equity Fund (IBEF), an organisation set up by the government and now managed by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for the promotion of Indian brands abroad.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will deliver the inaugural address from New Delhi. He will also release a study on the impact that IIT graduates have made across the globe.
According to the study, one in every 100 IIT alumni has started his or her own company with over 40 percent of them being serial entrepreneurs. Two-thirds of the companies founded are in India.
As much as 54 percent of the top 500 Indian companies have at least one IIT alumnus on their board.
However, many IIT alumni also have management degrees, and which institution - the IIT concerned or the management school - claims credit for their business achievements remains debatable.
The event is expected to attract around 3,000 participants.
- IIT conclave as part of Vibrant Gujarat summit - Jan 09, 2011
- Global IIT meet for first time in Kolkata in December - Aug 01, 2012
- PanIIT conclave to be held Oct 29-31 - Sep 21, 2010
- IIT global alumni meet in Kolkata in December (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- IITians command $885 bn budgetary responsibility worldwide - Nov 24, 2008
- B Muthuraman takes over as new CII president, Adi Godrej elected CII president designate - Apr 11, 2011
- Hari Bhartia takes over as new CII president, Muthuraman elected vice-president - May 12, 2010
- Urbanisation of Indian minds to propel growth: corporate leader - Dec 20, 2008
- IIT alumni keen to push Punjab growth - Aug 21, 2010
- Raghuram Rajan takes over as Chief Economic Advisor - Aug 29, 2012
- Muthuraman elected new CII president - Apr 11, 2011
- 'India Show' to be held in Toronto - Oct 11, 2011
- President inaugurates PanIIT 2010 conclave - Oct 29, 2010
- CII's new president projects 8.5 percent growth - May 13, 2010
- HCL founder Shiv Nadar to head IIT-Kharagpur's board - Apr 07, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,