IIM entrance test to be computer-based from next yearApril 4th, 2009 - 5:42 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 4 (IANS) Keeping in view the increasing number of management aspirants appearing for its Common Admission Test (CAT), the Indian Institutes of Management have decided to convert the examination into a computer-based test from the next year.
“Managing CAT across the country has become a very complex activity that currently requires intense coordination among seven IIMs. In a few years from now, there would be several more IIMs joining the fold with a promise of making the process even more complex.
“The IIMs have jointly decided to convert the paper-pencil test into a computer-based test from the next year so that valuable faculty time can be saved from purely administrative activities,” IIM Calcutta director Shekhar Chaudhuri said during the annual convocation speech of the institute.
“Our intake in the two-year full-time programme will increase to 408 during 2009-10 and 462 during 2010-11 in accordance with the OBC reservation policy. By 2012, there will be 924 students in this programme,” he said.
- IIM-C looks to corporates to fund expansion - Apr 03, 2011
- IIM-C inducts largest ever batch - Jun 24, 2011
- We need to look beyond students' fee hike: IIM Calcutta director - Oct 08, 2010
- IIM-Calcutta to tap corporates for funds - Sep 23, 2011
- IIM-Lucknow to help train SC, ST candidates - Sep 07, 2012
- Computer-based admission tests critical to build managerial pool (Comment) - Sep 15, 2010
- IIM-Calcutta gets a gift of knowledge from alumni - Sep 01, 2011
- CAT phase-II ends, over 6,500 take test (Lead) - Jan 31, 2010
- Pen-pencil format of CAT is history, say IIMs - Dec 16, 2009
- CAT phase-II ends, over 6,500 take test Sunday - Jan 31, 2010
- IIM-Calcutta hikes fees by 50 percent, intake reduced (Lead) - Apr 04, 2010
- CAT on the computer this year, fewer students interested - Nov 06, 2009
- CAT glitch notwithstanding, education needs e-governance (Comment) - Dec 01, 2009
- MAT to continue with online, paper-pencil formats - Mar 23, 2010
- IIMs to conduct retest of students who could not appear for CAT - Dec 16, 2009