IIM Calcutta’s programme for chartered accountantsDecember 17th, 2009 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 17 (IANS) The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta has announced a satellite-based management programme for chartered accountants and other accounting professionals, an official said Thursday.
Darshana Vyas of the institute’s admissions office said: “The programme aims at developing competence and skills essential to climb up the corporate ladder among charted accountants, cost accountants and company secretaries.”
The General Management Programme for Accounting Professionals (GMPAP), which will be conducted through video conferencing and satellite classes, will begin in April 2010.
“The programme is designed in such a way that working professionals can participate in the programme from their cities without travelling to the campus. Moreover, keeping in mind the special requirements of professionals, the classes will be held on weekdays in the evening,” Vyas said.
“The programme will see a blend of lectures, real life case studies, quizzes and assignments. The duration of the course is 18 months,” she added.
- MICA announces post graduate programme in Delhi - Oct 28, 2009
- Now, get a diploma in patent law online - Oct 20, 2009
- IIM-C inducts largest ever batch - Jun 24, 2011
- Leading advertising institute to open centres in UAE - Jul 09, 2009
- IIM-Lucknow launches new professional course - Jul 21, 2010
- External review, more autonomy for IIMs mooted - Nov 02, 2011
- IIM-Lucknow to help train SC, ST candidates - Sep 07, 2012
- US business school ties up with IIM-Lucknow - May 09, 2012
- IIM-C looks to corporates to fund expansion - Apr 03, 2011
- Chinese province school buses to have GPS - Feb 24, 2012
- IIM-Shillong, NSE to offer course in financial markets - Jun 29, 2012
- IIM-Rohtak gets new director - Nov 16, 2010
- IIM-A developing sports management course - Jun 23, 2010
- IIM-Calcutta to tap corporates for funds - Sep 23, 2011
- IIM-Lucknow signs accord with US B-school - Sep 01, 2011
Tags: admissions office, based management, case studies, chartered accountants, company secretaries, competence, corporate ladder, cost accountants, darshana, general management, iim calcutta, indian institute of management, institute of management, life case, New Delhi, quizzes, satellite classes, video conferencing, vyas, weekdays