IIM-C conducts interviews despite court orderMay 15th, 2008 - 6:18 pm ICT by admin
Kolkata, May 15 (IANS) The Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM-C) went ahead and conducted interviews of candidates of other backward classes (OBCs) Thursday, a day after Calcutta High Court stayed the new quota policy at the business school. “The stay order was not issued on interviews but on the reservation of seats. We interviewed 20 OBC students today,” IIM-C chief administrative officer Dinesh Verma told IANS.
“Besides, we have not received any copy of the court order so far. We just received a letter on the stay order from petitioner Sayan Guha’s lawyer Neelava Banerjee,” he said.
“We will, of course, not finalise the admissions till we get the final decision from the Supreme Court or the Calcutta High Court,” he said.
The high court Wednesday stayed the OBC quota at the IIM-C till further hearing on the petition June 9.
IIM aspirant Guha has challenged the human resource development ministry’s April 20 notification giving the go-ahead for OBC reservation in centrally funded higher educational institutes including the IIMs and the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
Meanwhile, the ministry Thursday approached the Supreme Court to vacate the high court stay order.
- Court stays OBC quota at IIM-Calcutta - May 15, 2008
- No stay on sub-quota quashing to hit 325 IIT aspirants - Jun 13, 2012
- Government moves apex court against anti-quota order (Lead) - May 15, 2008
- IIM-C inducts largest ever batch - Jun 24, 2011
- SC declines to stay Andhra court order against sub-quota (Third Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- SC declines to stay Andhra court order against sub-quota (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- IIM-Calcutta to tap corporates for funds - Sep 23, 2011
- Government goes to Supreme Court against quota ruling - May 15, 2008
- Supreme Court allows OBC quota at IIM Calcutta - May 16, 2008
- Supreme Court says Calcutta High Court order on OBC quota stays - May 16, 2008
- Apex court refuses to suspend order on minority sub-quota (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- IIM-C looks to corporates to fund expansion - Apr 03, 2011
- Centre seeks removal of Calcutta High Courts stay order on OBC quota - May 15, 2008
- IIM-Calcutta gets a gift of knowledge from alumni - Sep 01, 2011
- BJP hails apex court decision on minority quota - Jun 11, 2012