IIM-Bangalore withholds admission offersApril 10th, 2008 - 9:35 pm ICT by admin
Bangalore, April 10 (IANS) The Indian Institute of Management-Bangalore (IIM-B) Thursday decided to withhold admission offer letters to the selected students in the wake of the Supreme Court upholding the 27 percent reservation for other backward classes (OBCs). “The post-graduate programme admission offers, scheduled to be announced Thursday, have been postponed,” IIM-B director Pankaj Chandra told reporters at a hurriedly convened press conference in school campus.
“The new date will be notified soon,” he said.
The business school increased the intake to 260 seats in the last academic year (2007-08) from the 210 in the previous years.
The institute has reportedly sought clearance from the human resource development (HRD) ministry to increase the capacity by 50 seats to 310 from this academic year (2008-09) in view of the growing demand for admission to PG diploma courses in management.
- Police hunt for Facebook lover for girlfriend's suicide - Sep 22, 2011
- Global firms line up with offers for IIM-B grads - Nov 02, 2011
- Global firms make beeline to hire IIM-B grads - Mar 09, 2010
- IIM-B students skip lunch over Anna's arrest - Aug 17, 2011
- Eight IIM-B graduates awarded gold medals - Mar 30, 2012
- Global firms vie to grab Bangalore biz whizkids - Mar 24, 2012
- Globalisation double-edged sword for India: Subbarao - Mar 30, 2012
- Common admission test for B-schools now - Dec 05, 2011
- IIM-Bangalore hikes fee by Rs.25,000 for new batch - Apr 02, 2009
- IIM-Bangalore awaiting ministry nod for OBC quota admission - Apr 10, 2008
- Economic centre of gravity shifting to Asia: Mukesh Ambani - Mar 30, 2010
- Multinationals flock to IIM-Bangalore for internees - Nov 12, 2009
- IIMs want more girls, non-engineering students - Nov 15, 2010
- OBC's 10 percent relief is on eligibility marks: Apex court (Lead) - Aug 18, 2011
- Job offers for IIM-Bangalore graduates melt down - Mar 04, 2009