IIM-Ahmedabad hikes fees by nearly 150 percentMarch 29th, 2008 - 10:26 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 29 (IANS) The Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad (IIM-A) Saturday said that fees for its two-year post-graduate course in business management would go up from Rs.450,000 to Rs.1.15 million from the next academic session this year. The decision was taken at an IIM-A board meeting here. The Gujarat government opposed the move saying this would result in the other IIMs also increasing the fees.
In New Delhi, Higher Education Secretary R.P. Aggarwal told IANS that the IIMs were autonomous institutions and free to hike their fees.
On March 11, Human Resource Development Minister Arjun Singh told parliament that there would be a 50 percent fees hike by the IIMs at Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Calcutta from the coming academic session. He said the government was not opposed to the increase.
- We need to look beyond students' fee hike: IIM Calcutta director - Oct 08, 2010
- IIM-Ahmedabad again raises fees for post-graduate course - Mar 30, 2010
- IIM-Calcutta hikes fees by 50 percent - Apr 03, 2010
- IIM-A seeks restoration of powers - Jul 22, 2011
- IIM-Ahmedabad hikes tuition fees by Rs.50,000 a year - Mar 29, 2009
- IIM-Calcutta hikes fees by 50 percent, intake reduced (Lead) - Apr 04, 2010
- Sibal asks IIMs not to hike fees - Apr 18, 2010
- IIM-A hikes fees for MBA programme - Mar 29, 2008
- IIM-A developing sports management course - Jun 23, 2010
- Gujarat to focus on education in a big way: Modi - Dec 27, 2010
- IIM-Lucknow to hike fees - Mar 09, 2009
- Sanjiv Goenka to invest Rs.150 crore in education - Aug 09, 2011
- IIM fee hike to stay, scholarships for needy students - Apr 02, 2008
- IIM-Ahmedabad facing funds problem: Samir Barua - Jun 24, 2010
- IIM-Shillong first B-School to webcast convocation - Apr 02, 2010