IIM-A seeks restoration of powersJuly 22nd, 2011 - 12:08 am ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, July 21 (IANS) The Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad (IIM-A) Thursday sought the restoration of the powers of the board of directors to recommend to the central government a list of names for selecting the institute’s director and chairman of the board of governors.
Talking to reporters, IIM-A director S. Barua said the central government’s approval to the memorandum of agreement suggesting the changes was still awaited.
The IIM-A has sought powers to recommend a panel of three candidates for appointment of the chairman of the board of governors and the IIM-A director.
- IIM-A developing sports management course - Jun 23, 2010
- Samsung to offer scholarships to IIM-A students - Jun 02, 2011
- IIM-Ahmedabad facing funds problem: Samir Barua - Jun 24, 2010
- IIMs allowed to open campuses abroad - Oct 13, 2010
- Gujarat to focus on education in a big way: Modi - Dec 27, 2010
- IIT conclave as part of Vibrant Gujarat summit - Jan 09, 2011
- Kashmir ombudsman selection panel meet again put off - Jul 18, 2011
- IIM-Ahmedabad hikes tuition fees by Rs.50,000 a year - Mar 29, 2009
- IIM-Ahmedabad, Union Bank sign pact - Mar 18, 2009
- Sibal wants IIM boards to select chairman, director - Mar 31, 2011
- IIM-C looks to corporates to fund expansion - Apr 03, 2011
- External review, more autonomy for IIMs mooted - Nov 02, 2011
- IIM-Ahmedabad again raises fees for post-graduate course - Mar 30, 2010
- Devas deal: Probe team indicts ex-ISRO chief, three others (Second Lead) - Feb 05, 2012
- Infosys names K.V. Kamath as new chairman (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
Tags: appointment, barua, board of directors, board of governors, central government, chairman of the board, indian institute of management, indian institute of management ahmedabad, institute of management, list of names, memorandum of agreement