IIM-A alumni, faculty help Bihar with its first B-schoolApril 8th, 2008 - 6:22 pm ICT by admin
Patna, April 8 (IANS) A group of alumni and faculty of the Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad (IIM-A), who hail from Bihar, are helping the state government set up a management institute here on the lines of the prestigious IIMs. Sources in the Bihar chief minister’s office here said a team of IIM-A alumni and faculty visited Patna last week. They are helping the process of establishing the Chandragupta Institute of Management in Patna (CIMP), and were here to chalk out plans for the CIMP library.
“They (IIM-A alumni and faculty) have come forward to provide expertise and consultancy to help the state government to set up the first B-school on the pattern of IIMs,” said Anjani Kumar Singh, secretary of the human resources department.
Classes at the CIMP will begin from the next academic session. It will initially have a batch of 60 students.
Newly appointed CIMP director V. Mukunda Das last month said IIM-A has agreed in principle to support CIMP with its technical expertise in setting up the library, although a formal announcement is yet to be made by the authorities in this regard.
Like the IIMs, the proposed institute will offer MBA and other management degrees. Admission to it will be through the Common Admission Test (CAT).
- Vice President inaugurates Bihar management institute - Jun 12, 2008
- Education infrastructure in Bihar not meeting standards says Hamid Ansari - Jun 11, 2008
- IIM-Lucknow to help train SC, ST candidates - Sep 07, 2012
- IIM-A seeks restoration of powers - Jul 22, 2011
- What's bothering Bihar's entrepreneurs? Ask 'MBA Sabziwalla' - Feb 01, 2011
- IIM-A developing sports management course - Jun 23, 2010
- Gujarat to focus on education in a big way: Modi - Dec 27, 2010
- IIM-Lucknow signs accord with US B-school - Sep 01, 2011
- IIM-Calcutta gets a gift of knowledge from alumni - Sep 01, 2011
- RTI can check corruption: Experts - Oct 16, 2011
- Second-rung biz schools churning out 'unemployable' graduates? - Jun 29, 2010
- Hardwork and dedication the mantra to crack CAT, say toppers - Jan 12, 2012
- Computer-based admission tests critical to build managerial pool (Comment) - Sep 15, 2010
- War of words over Jairam Ramesh slamming IITs, IIMs (Lead) - May 24, 2011
- External review, more autonomy for IIMs mooted - Nov 02, 2011