IGNOU to start course on power distributionJuly 15th, 2012 - 2:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 15 (IANS) The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has started its admission process for a course in power distribution meant for professionals seeking to upgrade their skills in the electricity sector.
The Advanced Certificate in Power Distribution Management (ACPDM) has been developed in collaboration with the Ministry of Power, USAID-India and the Power Finance Corporation under the Distribution Reform Upgrades and Management (DRUM) project.
“The advanced certificate programme is meant for professionals employed in electrical power utilities or the electricity sector to upgrade their skills, enhance systematic efficiency and deliver quality power to the satisfaction of the beneficiaries,” said an official statement Sunday.
The programme further aims to disseminate information about the current developments and reforms in the power distribution sector while generating awareness about the applications of emerging technologies and trends.
“It will also educate the personnel employed in the sector about various prospects of power distribution management,” the statement said.
The last date to apply for this programme is July 30, 2012.
- IGNOU invites applications for online agriculture programme - May 04, 2012
- IGNOU opens admission to tourism courses - Jul 16, 2012
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011
- Focus on tourism's job opportunities, says minister - Mar 18, 2011
- IGNOU launches courses in water conservation - Apr 09, 2012
- US agency trains Pakistani women in IT skills - Sep 27, 2011
- Madrassas need upgradation: Dikshit - Sep 15, 2011
- IGNOU starts admissions for information security courses - Jun 18, 2012
- IGNOU teams up with Deutsche Welle - Aug 07, 2012
- IGNOU, NIS-Sparta to train 24,000 rural youths - Mar 22, 2010
- IGNOU mulls new initiatives to expand reach - Apr 19, 2011
- IGNOU diploma can get you job at BHEL - Jun 29, 2011
- IGNOU launches diploma in women and gender studies - May 10, 2012
- Government to provide Rs.8,466 crore subsidy on electricity loan - Dec 13, 2011
- Cabinet approves National Electricity Fund (Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
Tags: admission, advanced certificate, beneficiaries, current developments, distribution management, distribution sector, efficiency, electrical power utilities, electricity sector, emerging technologies, ignou, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, last date, national open university, New Delhi, power distribution, power finance corporation, prospects, quality power