IGNOU to host 6th pan-Commonwealth forum on open learningAugust 8th, 2010 - 5:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 8 (IANS) Around 700 delegates from 70 countries are expected to participate in the Sixth Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open Learning to be hosted in Kochi by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Nov 24-28 to discuss the importance of open and distance learning.
The conference will discuss what open and distance learning has done and still can do in terms of success. It will be an accessible forum for all member nations of the Commonwealth.
The overall theme of the conference will be ‘Access and Success in Learning Global Development Perspectives to Learning for Development’.
“The forum is for researchers, planners and policy makers in the field of open and distance learning and development. The conference opens opportunities to share experiences, expertise and to discuss about future policy and provision,” said P.R. Ramanujam, programme chair of the conference.
Some of the guest speakers at the conference will be former junior external affairs minister Shashi Tharoor, agricultural scientist M.S. Swaminathan - credited with India’s Green Revolution - and IGNOU Vice Chancellor V.N. Rajasekharan Pillai.
For registration, interested people may contact: The Sixth Pan-Commonwealth Forum (PCF6), IGNOU Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-68. Tel. no. 29572606. mail:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IGNOU to host pan commonwealth forum on open learning - Oct 30, 2010
- 'IGNOU at par with international institutions' - Jan 01, 2011
- Two lakh students join IGNOU community colleges - Jun 20, 2011
- IGNOU for paradigm shift in research policy: Vice chancellor - Apr 25, 2011
- IGNOU starts online training programme for teachers - Dec 26, 2010
- IGNOU to partner with US community colleges - Aug 21, 2011
- Sibal stresses on spreading distance education - Apr 02, 2011
- IGNOU to ensure quality in distance education - Mar 19, 2010
- IGNOU to power India-Africa Virtual University - May 25, 2011
- IGNOU to open Centre for Sindhi Language & Culture - Aug 23, 2011
- Aslam is acting vice-chancellor of IGNOU - Oct 21, 2011
- IGNOU to have a centre for diasporic studies - Sep 09, 2011
- IGNOU to empower the less privileged - Aug 05, 2011
- IGNOU mulls new initiatives to expand reach - Apr 19, 2011
- Kerala Science Congress to focus on climate change - Jan 28, 2012
Tags: accessible forum, agricultural scientist, development perspectives, external affairs minister, green revolution, guest speakers, ignou, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, kochi, maidan garhi, mail, member nations, national open university, open and distance, pan commonwealth forum, pillai, s green, share experiences, vice chancellor