IGNOU to honour Dalai LamaAugust 25th, 2011 - 6:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 25 (IANS) The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) will confer an honorary doctor of letters degree on Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama at its 24th convocation next month, an official said Thursday.
“His Holiness the Dalai Lama will be awarded the degree of doctor of letters (Honoris Causa),” a varsity official said.
Around 1.04 lakh students from across the country will receive their degrees on the occasion.
According to IGNOU, an exhibition will also be organised on the occasion Sep 5 where provision for career counselling will be provided.
- Dalai Lama to inaugurate IGNOU's Tibetan study centre - Aug 30, 2011
- Jamia to confer Doctor of Letters degree to Dalai Lama - Nov 22, 2010
- What happened to PM's honorary degree? - Jul 28, 2011
- Dalai Lama honoured with doctorate at Jamia - Nov 23, 2010
- Dalai Lama conferred doctorate by Jamia - Nov 23, 2010
- Jamia to confer honorary degree to UN chief - Apr 25, 2012
- PM confers honorary doctorate on Azim Premji - Aug 18, 2012
- Over 200,000 students to receive IGNOU degrees - Mar 24, 2011
- Mahatma's grandson to attend Dalai Lama's birthday bash - Jul 04, 2011
- AMU to confer doctorate on Manmohan, Sonia - Dec 22, 2009
- Dalai Lama prays at Bodh Gaya ahead of Kalachakra puja - Dec 31, 2011
- PM's 'missing' degree: varsity suspends one, orders probe - Jul 30, 2011
- PAU to confer honorary degree on Tajikistan president - Aug 27, 2012
- Dalai Lama expresses grief over death of Polish president - Apr 12, 2010
- Dalai Lama to address Mumbai University students - Feb 17, 2011
Tags: career counselling, convocation, dalai lama, exhibition, holiness, honorary doctor, honour, ignou, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, national open university, New Delhi, provision, tibetan spiritual leader