IGNOU to focus on student supportAugust 15th, 2012 - 1:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 15 (IANS) The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) vice chancellor Wednesday said strengthening the student support services at the regional centres is the university’s priority.
“We would like to strengthen the student support services in two ways — one would be related to the operational side which would cater to helping students with filling in the forms,” Gopinath Pradhan said in his Independence Day message.
“The other would be to focus on improved counselling for students. We give them reading material but we also hire experts from different colleges and universities who teach students a particular subject at a fixed time of the week.”
“We have a number of programmes which range from Bachelor’s to Ph.D.’s and we would like to have more experts who can tackle students’ doubts,” he said.
Pradhan also emphasised on self-assessment.
“We celebrate the 66th Independence Day today and see the university on the world map, self-introspection becomes must,” he said.
- Gopinath Pradhan is new IGNOU vice-chancellor - Aug 01, 2012
- IGNOU to concentrate more on research activities - Sep 12, 2012
- IGNOU spreads wings in Africa via tele-education - Sep 10, 2010
- IGNOU centres to be more disabled-friendly - Feb 22, 2012
- IGNOU gets new web site on Republic Day - Jan 26, 2012
- IGNOU signs MoUs with three Chinese varsities - Jun 02, 2011
- IGNOU signs pact with Chinese varsity - Oct 05, 2011
- IGNOU eases admission process - Jul 01, 2012
- IGNOU launches portal for IAF personnel - Sep 20, 2011
- Workshop to motivate disabled kids, parents - Aug 12, 2012
- President Patil to lay foundation of IGNOU campus - Aug 30, 2011
- 'IGNOU has brought teachers-students closer' - Jan 09, 2011
- IGNOU spreads awareness about deafness - May 27, 2012
- IGNOU to open Centre for Sindhi Language & Culture - Aug 23, 2011
- IGNOU to focus on more foreign tie-ups - Jan 28, 2012
Tags: bachelor, colleges and universities, counselling, doubts, ignou, independence day, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, national open university, New Delhi, operational side, priority, reading material, regional centres, self assessment, self introspection, two ways, vice chancellor, world map