IGNOU to develop rural bankingJune 14th, 2011 - 5:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 14 (IANS) The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with an autonomous institution promoted by the central government to develop banking in rural areas, officials said Tuesday.
Signed between IGNOU’s School of Agriculture (SOA) and the Bankers Institute of Rural Development (BIRD) promoted by the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), a post graduate diploma in rural banking would be offered.
“The programme aims to develop professionals in rural banking and bridge the gap between programmes currently available and those required by the market for an overall rural development,” an IGNOU official said.
“It also focuses on having joint programmes to address current and emerging needs of the agriculture and rural sector,” he added.
According to the varsity, graduates with minimum 50 percent aggregate marks and 45 percent marks for reserved category are eligible to apply for the programme. The age limit is at 25 years and 30 for those in service.
- IGNOU to empower the less privileged - Aug 05, 2011
- IGNOU to offer electronics, IT courses - Sep 22, 2011
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011
- Don't amend cooperative act without our nod: NABARD - Apr 04, 2012
- IGNOU signs pact with Chinese varsity - Oct 05, 2011
- IGNOU to offer courses on traditional knowledge systems - Jul 12, 2011
- IGNOU invites applications for online agriculture programme - May 04, 2012
- IGNOU launches course for central government staff - Oct 28, 2010
- IGNOU to launch post-graduate medical programmes - Sep 13, 2011
- IGNOU inks pact to promote indigenous knowledge - Jul 12, 2011
- IGNOU launches diploma in women and gender studies - May 10, 2012
- NABARD registers 24.2 percent loan growth in Bengal (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- NABARD registers 24.2 percent loan growth in Bengal - Apr 04, 2012
- India to help Afghanistan develop tourism - May 27, 2011
- IGNOU-KVS sign MoU for teachers training - Mar 14, 2011
Tags: autonomous institution, bridge the gap, central government, gap, graduates, ignou, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, june 14, memorandum of understanding, mou, national bank, national open university, New Delhi, post graduate diploma, rural areas, rural development, school of agriculture, soa