IGNOU starts online training programme for teachersDecember 26th, 2010 - 6:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 26 (IANS) The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has started an online capacity development programme for teachers covering topics like evaluation of assignments, development of study skills and usage of new technologies for student support.The programme is called the Academic Counsellor’s Training-Online (ACT-Online).
“Grounded both in theory and practice of Open Distance Learning (ODL), this programme is specifically for those who are engaged in or wish to be engaged in tutoring distance learners,” a statement by the varsity Sunday said.
“Generally open universities and distance learning institutes lend services of conventional teachers from universities and colleges for the purpose of academic counselling. Therefore, there is a need for professional orientation for academic counsellors in the concept, theory and practice of ODL,” it added.
After taking this course, an IGNOU official said, the counsellor will be able to help students develop effective learning skills, organise support for disadvantaged and physically-challenged students and use modern computer operating system for student support.
“Development in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) have contributed to tremendous growth in ODL worldwide. Training and continuing professional development of ODL functionaries are necessary for success of this system,” university vice-chancellor V.N. Rajasekharan Pillai said.
- Two lakh students join IGNOU community colleges - Jun 20, 2011
- 'IGNOU has brought teachers-students closer' - Jan 09, 2011
- 'IGNOU at par with international institutions' - Jan 01, 2011
- IGNOU backs e-learning - Aug 26, 2011
- IGNOU-KVS sign MoU for teachers training - Mar 14, 2011
- IGNOU to open Centre for Sindhi Language & Culture - Aug 23, 2011
- IGNOU course for BPO industry aspirants - Jun 21, 2012
- IGNOU mulls new initiatives to expand reach - Apr 19, 2011
- Sibal stresses on spreading distance education - Apr 02, 2011
- IGNOU, FDDI launch 8 new courses - May 03, 2011
- IGNOU to empower the less privileged - Aug 05, 2011
- IGNOU organises seminar on improving distance learning - Mar 25, 2011
- IGNOU to spread e-literacy at grassroots level - Jul 26, 2011
- IGNOU inks pact to promote indigenous knowledge - Jul 12, 2011
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,