IGNOU opens admissions for performing arts coursesJuly 17th, 2012 - 4:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 17 (IANS) The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has started admission to various courses in performing arts such as singing, dancing and acting, the varsity said Tuesday.
The courses on offer include Certificate in Performing Arts-Theatre Arts (CPATHA), Certificate in Performing Arts-Hindustani Music (CPAHM), Certificate in Performing Arts-Karnatak Music (CPAKM), Certificate in Performing Arts-Bharatnatyam (CPABN) and Certificate in Performing Arts-Kathak (CPAKT).
The CPATHA course aims to introduce the art of theatre to learners while the two music courses aim to provide basic knowledge of theory and practical aspects of Hindustani and Carnatic music, said a university statement.
“The dance programmes offers training in the basics of bharatnatyam and kathak. The university study centres will tie up with the reputed bharatanatyam and kathak dance schools located across the country for the course,” the statement said.
The fee for each course is Rs.12,000 and the last date for submitting applications is July 30.
- From classical roots to free flow in Indian dance (With Images) - Aug 23, 2012
- Jasraj, Lagoo, Amonkar get Sangeet Natak Akademi awards - Sep 28, 2010
- Hema Malini, daughters to perform at Khajuraho festival - Jan 31, 2011
- Never retired, never stopped dancing, says Birju Maharaj at 74 (Interview) - Feb 23, 2011
- Never retired, never stopped dancing, says Birju Maharaj at 75 (Lead, Interview) - Feb 23, 2011
- Indian cultural fest enthrals Dhaka - Nov 28, 2010
- Culture odyssey: The eclectic journey of Indian dance (Feature, With Images) - Jul 22, 2011
- 33 young artists honoured with Bismillah award - Aug 11, 2010
- Museum of performing arts to come up in Delhi - Mar 08, 2011
- The face of India at Edinburgh fest (With Image) - Aug 12, 2012
- Malaysians to graduate in Indian classical music - Jun 07, 2010
- Be in Bangalore for daylong dance fiesta (April 29 is World Dance Day) - Apr 26, 2012
- Indian classical dance now a global heritage (Feature with images) - Aug 08, 2010
- An India-US link in Bharatanatyam's journey - Feb 22, 2012
- Dancing to Indian tunes with an American soul (Feature) (With Image) - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: admission, basic knowledge, bharatanatyam, dance schools, ignou, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, july 17, kathak dance, last date, learners, music courses, national open university, New Delhi, varsity