IGNOU opens admission for library science coursesJuly 13th, 2012 - 4:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 13 (IANS) The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has started its admission process for Masters and Bachelor’s courses in Library Science for those aspiring to work in libraries and information centres, an official said Friday.
“Information access, processing, organisation and dissemination are the core components of the Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) courses… Owing to the popularity, the course was introduced in our centres in Mauritius, Dubai, Kuwait,” said the official.
The University is also offering Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS) programme to meet the huge demand for trained personnel in libraries, documentation and information centres.
Candidates with second class Bachelor’s degree along with 50 percent marks are eligible to apply for the BLIS programme, while the MLIS programme is open for candidates with BLIS degree or its equivalent from any recognised university and similar institutions.
Trained library professionals can find opportunities for employment both as teacher and as a Librarian, the official said.
The last date to apply for both the programmes is July 30, 2012.
- IGNOU announces admission for July courses - May 17, 2012
- IGNOU's preparatory course for students desiring higher education - Jun 14, 2012
- July 30 last date for admission to IGNOU programmes - Jul 24, 2012
- IBAB, IGNOU announce new masters course in science - Jan 28, 2011
- IGNOU announces admissions for 2012 session - Nov 17, 2011
- IGNOU launches full-time MBA course - Mar 16, 2011
- IGNOU to offer electronics, IT courses - Sep 22, 2011
- IGNOU opens admission to tourism courses - Jul 16, 2012
- IGNOU extends last date for admission applications - Jun 20, 2012
- IGNOU starts admissions for information security courses - Jun 18, 2012
- IGNOU opens admission for BBA course - Aug 10, 2012
- Sibal stresses on spreading distance education - Apr 02, 2011
- IGNOU spreads wings in Africa via tele-education - Sep 10, 2010
- IGNOU to empower the less privileged - Aug 05, 2011
- IGNOU to power India-Africa Virtual University - May 25, 2011
Tags: admission, bachelor, core components, dissemination, dubai, ignou, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, information access, information centres, kuwait, last date, librarian, library and information science, library professionals, library science courses, mauritius, national open university, New Delhi, popularity