IGNOU launches programme on sustainability scienceApril 29th, 2011 - 8:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 29 (IANS) The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has launched an online post-graduate diploma programme on sustainability science to cater to those who are curious about the environment and the Earth, an official said Friday.
“Sustainability is anticipation or what is likely to happen, for example, with the monsoon, rainfall and winds,” secretary, ministry of earth sciences, Shailesh Nayak said after formally launching the programme.
According to the university, graduates from social and natural sciences streams, policy makers, administrators, scientists, educators and the general public are eligible to pursue the programme, which has a minimum duration of one year and a maximum of four years.
“With the launch, IGNOU has become one of the very few universities in the world and the first in the country to start sustainability science as a new discipline,” said IGNOU Vice Chancellor V.N. Rajasekharan Pillai.
- Choose any subject from any course at IGNOU - Aug 15, 2011
- IGNOU launches diploma in women and gender studies - May 10, 2012
- Police should join IGNOU: Kiran Walia - Oct 29, 2010
- IGNOU to empower the less privileged - Aug 05, 2011
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011
- IGNOU invites applications for online agriculture programme - May 04, 2012
- IGNOU-KVS sign MoU for teachers training - Mar 14, 2011
- IGNOU backs e-learning - Aug 26, 2011
- IAF-IGNOU educational accord to benefit 100,000 airmen - Dec 20, 2010
- IGNOU, FDDI launch 8 new courses - May 03, 2011
- IGNOU to open Centre for Sindhi Language & Culture - Aug 23, 2011
- IGNOU to offer diploma in child rights - Sep 15, 2011
- IGNOU to power India-Africa Virtual University - May 25, 2011
- Sibal stresses on spreading distance education - Apr 02, 2011
- Graft case: Former IGNOU chief denies wrongdoing - Jul 28, 2012
Tags: anticipation, april 29, earth sciences, ignou, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, launch, minimum duration, monsoon rainfall, national open university, natural sciences, nayak, New Delhi, pillai, post graduate diploma, shailesh, streams, sustainability science, university graduates, vice chancellor