IGNOU launches five new courses on gender and developmentJune 21st, 2011 - 5:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 21 (IANS) The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has launched five new courses on gender and development commencing July, an official said Tuesday.
Of the five courses launched by IGNOU’s School of Gender and Development Studies (SOGDS), two are on-campus programme while three are distance-mode programmes, she said.
According to IGNOU, admissions are open for masters in gender and development studies and women’s and gender studies and postgraduate diploma as well as a certificate in gender and development studies and postgraduate diploma in women’s empowerment and development.
“The master’s programmes will equip students with the ability to deconstruct the complex power hierarchies and relationships operating in society, from the perspective of women and gender,” said SOGDS director Savita Singh.
According to Savita Singh, the focal areas for the courses include concepts and theories in women’s and gender studies, queer studies, gender through film and visual arts, history of women’s movements, women and social sectors among others.
“The postgraduate certificate in gender and development studies is likely to be of interest to academics and researchers, trainers, facilitators, supervisors, government personnel,” she added.
To apply for the programme, graduation in any discipline with a minimum 50 percent aggregate is required.
With a total of 50 seats on offer, the last date for submitting application forms is July 15 for the full-time course and July 29 for the distance-learning course.
- IGNOU launches diploma in women and gender studies - May 10, 2012
- July 30 last date for admission to IGNOU programmes - Jul 24, 2012
- IGNOU opens admission to tourism courses - Jul 16, 2012
- IGNOU opens admissions to courses on Gandhi - Jun 25, 2012
- IGNOU launches course for central government staff - Oct 28, 2010
- IGNOU announces admission for July courses - May 17, 2012
- IGNOU launches programmes in Chinese - Jul 07, 2011
- IGNOU inks pact to promote indigenous knowledge - Jul 12, 2011
- IGNOU launches courses for nurses, teachers, parents - Jul 27, 2011
- IGNOU to power India-Africa Virtual University - May 25, 2011
- IGNOU students can access study material online - Jul 02, 2011
- IGNOU starts admissions for information security courses - Jun 18, 2012
- IGNOU centre at Tihar gets quality certificate - Dec 09, 2010
- Sibal stresses on spreading distance education - Apr 02, 2011
- IGNOU invites applications for online agriculture programme - May 04, 2012
Tags: application forms, arts history, empowerment, focal areas, gender and development, gender studies, government personnel, hierarchies, history of women, ignou, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, last date, national open university, postgraduate certificate, postgraduate diploma, queer studies, savita singh, social sectors, time course