IGNOU launches diploma programme for primary teachersMay 18th, 2011 - 4:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 18 (IANS) The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has launched a two-year diploma programme in elementary education for primary teachers, an official said Wednesday.
The course, commencing in July, is aimed at enhancing the understanding and competencies of elementary-level teachers, the official said.
“The course is designed and developed in close collaboration with a highly experienced group of experts drawn from leading educational institutions in the country including from the National Council for Teachers Education (NCTE),” the IGNOU official added.
According to the varsity, the programme covers a wide range of areas as recommended by the National Policy on Education 1986, National Curriculum Framework for Teacher Education-2009, National Curriculum Framework-2005 and the Right To Education Act 2009.
- IGNOU launches courses to improve teaching - Dec 31, 2010
- IGNOU launches courses for nurses, teachers, parents - Jul 27, 2011
- Mandatory test for teachers' eligibility soon: Sibal - Jan 17, 2011
- IGNOU signs pact with Chinese varsity - Oct 05, 2011
- IGNOU launches value education programme for teachers - Sep 27, 2011
- IGNOU opens admission to tourism courses - Jul 16, 2012
- IGNOU to empower the less privileged - Aug 05, 2011
- IGNOU to focus on more foreign tie-ups - Jan 28, 2012
- IGNOU to offer electronics, IT courses - Sep 22, 2011
- IGNOU's preparatory course for students desiring higher education - Jun 14, 2012
- IGNOU launches programmes in Chinese - Jul 07, 2011
- IGNOU launches course in food science and technology - Jun 30, 2011
- IGNOU launches diploma in women and gender studies - May 10, 2012
- IGNOU teams up with Deutsche Welle - Aug 07, 2012
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011