IGNOU launches courses to improve teachingDecember 31st, 2010 - 7:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 31 (IANS) In a bid to improve the quality of teaching in the country, the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Friday launched two new post-graduate courses for serving and potential teachers.The two courses are - Post Graduate Diploma in Education Management and Administration (PGDEMA) and Post Graduate Diploma in School Leadership and Management (PGDSLM).
“The PGDEMA aims at improving the individual performances of teachers as educational managers and leaders while upgrading their skills in areas such as interpersonal relationship, leadership and team building, strategic planning and decision-making,” the official said.
“The PGDSLM programme focuses on developing essential skills, competencies and values needed for effective school leadership management, improve the overall performance of the school, and develop a trained and competent cadre of head teachers/principals.
“All these facets are necessary for effective management and to provide an understanding of basic management concepts and their applications in an educational environment. The university realises this and has injected freshness in the way teaching is done in the country with these courses,” he added.
According to the varsity, a graduate in any discipline is eligible to pursue these courses - ranging from one to three years. The programme will cost Rs.5,000. There are no age restrictions.
- IGNOU starts admissions for information security courses - Jun 18, 2012
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011
- IGNOU launches courses for nurses, teachers, parents - Jul 27, 2011
- IGNOU opens admission to tourism courses - Jul 16, 2012
- IGNOU-KVS sign MoU for teachers training - Mar 14, 2011
- IGNOU launches course for central government staff - Oct 28, 2010
- Wipro to train school teachers in US - Aug 29, 2012
- IGNOU signs pact with Chinese varsity - Oct 05, 2011
- IGNOU launches value education programme for teachers - Sep 27, 2011
- IGNOU launches diploma programme for primary teachers - May 18, 2011
- IGNOU to launch post-graduate medical programmes - Sep 13, 2011
- IGNOU launches diploma in women and gender studies - May 10, 2012
- IGNOU launches course in food science and technology - Jun 30, 2011
- Choose any subject from any course at IGNOU - Aug 15, 2011
- IGNOU to focus on more foreign tie-ups - Jan 28, 2012
Tags: age restrictions, basic management, diploma in education, diploma in school, education management, educational environment, effective management, effective school, graduate diploma in education, head teachers, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, interpersonal relationship, leadership and management, leadership management, management concepts, post graduate courses, post graduate diploma, school leadership, skills competencies