IGNOU launches course in food science and technologyJune 30th, 2011 - 10:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 30 (IANS) The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Thursday said it had launched a course in food science and technology.
The post graduate diploma programme will commence from July and is being offered by IGNOU’s School of Agriculture.
“The course will provide knowledge and technical competencies to address the emerging issues of processing, product development, food safety, marketing, export and sustainable use of resources,” an official said.
“Existing technicians, managers, food industry professionals and technologists can also join the programme,” the official added.
According to IGNOU, 25 students will be selected on merit for admission and will also go through one-month internship for hands-on training.
“This programme will train the students for jobs such as production and marketing executives in food production industries, food safety officers in government regulatory bodies and entrepreneurs in dairy, meat, fruits and vegetables processing set-ups,” added the official.
- IGNOU opens admission for BBA course - Aug 10, 2012
- IGNOU launches programmes in agriculture - Nov 23, 2010
- IGNOU invites applications for online agriculture programme - May 04, 2012
- IGNOU launches programmes in Chinese - Jul 07, 2011
- IGNOU opens admission to tourism courses - Jul 16, 2012
- IGNOU starts admissions for information security courses - Jun 18, 2012
- IGNOU course for BPO industry aspirants - Jun 21, 2012
- IGNOU to focus on more foreign tie-ups - Jan 28, 2012
- IGNOU announces admission for July courses - May 17, 2012
- IGNOU online course on sustainable science - Jun 19, 2012
- IGNOU to launch culinary institute by 2012 - Oct 18, 2011
- IGNOU centres to be more disabled-friendly - Feb 22, 2012
- IGNOU to empower the less privileged - Aug 05, 2011
- IGNOU's preparatory course for students desiring higher education - Jun 14, 2012
- IGNOU launches course for central government staff - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: admission, emerging issues, food industry professionals, food production industries, food safety, food science, fruits and vegetables, ignou, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, internship, national open university, New Delhi, post graduate diploma, regulatory bodies, safety officers, science and technology, sustainable use, technical competencies, ups