IGNOU, Jamia awarded at World Education SummitJuly 15th, 2011 - 8:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 15 (IANS) The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) and the Jamia Millia Islamia have won awards at the World Education Summit 2011 here, a statement said Friday.
The event was organised by IGNOU in association with the Centre for Science Development and Media Studies (CSDMS) and Elets Technomedia.
The awards were distributed in the category of best jury award and public choice awards.
“IGNOU received the best public choice award for innovation in vocational education and skills training award while the Jamia Millia Islamia bagged the best jury award for ICT enabled higher education institute of the year,” the statement said.
The best jury award for global collaborative learning was awarded to St. Marks School while the public choice award in the same category went to Tagore International School. Both are Delhi-based institutions.
An exhibition displaying academic programmes of the 33 participating educational institutions including IGNOU was also inaugurated.
- Heads of Indian architecture institutions meet in Delhi - Apr 24, 2012
- Jamia honours Amartya Sen (With Image) - Dec 16, 2011
- IGNOU bags best teaching practices award (With Image) - Jan 28, 2012
- Jamia alumni bags National Film Awards - Mar 09, 2012
- Hyderabad to host eINDIA 2010 in August - Jun 23, 2010
- Jamia to showcase curatorial practices in India - Feb 18, 2011
- Jamia to continue with its minority status: High Court - May 18, 2011
- Gopinath Pradhan is new IGNOU vice-chancellor - Aug 01, 2012
- 'Jamia's minority status a boon for Muslim students' - May 12, 2011
- Youngsters opting for teaching as a career - Sep 04, 2011
- Mandatory test for teachers' eligibility soon: Sibal - Jan 17, 2011
- Jamia secular in spirit: Vice chancellor - Feb 22, 2011
- 19 NRIs honoured with Light of India awards - Jun 04, 2012
- Jamia admits 27 homeless kids in schools - Apr 12, 2011
- Government backs decision on minority status to Jamia - Sep 20, 2011
Tags: choice award, choice awards, collaborative learning, csdms, education and skills, education summit, educational institutions, higher education institute, ignou, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, jamia millia islamia, jury award, national open university, New Delhi, public choice, science development, st marks school, vocational education, world education