IGNOU inaugurates 100-foot-high flag postOctober 20th, 2011 - 11:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 20 (IANS) A 100-foot-high flag post with special lighting arrangements was inaugurated by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Thursday, an official said.
“The flag shall never be lowered. It is the first of its kind in a university in the capital region. The flag post shall be lit at night,” IGNOU Vice Chancellor V.N. Rajasekharan Pillai said in a statement.
“The flag is of 30 feet by 40 feet dimension,” the statement added.
A class room block for regular students was also inaugurated.
- IGNOU plans training centre for hearing disabled - Aug 20, 2011
- Campaign to educate journos on immunization - Jul 01, 2011
- IGNOU for paradigm shift in research policy: Vice chancellor - Apr 25, 2011
- Graft case: Former IGNOU chief denies wrongdoing - Jul 28, 2012
- Choose any subject from any course at IGNOU - Aug 15, 2011
- IGNOU to partner with US community colleges - Aug 21, 2011
- IGNOU launches programme on sustainability science - Apr 29, 2011
- Aslam is acting vice-chancellor of IGNOU - Oct 21, 2011
- IGNOU to bring out book on silver jubilee lectures - Apr 20, 2011
- Two lakh students join IGNOU community colleges - Jun 20, 2011
- IGNOU to spread e-literacy at grassroots level - Jul 26, 2011
- IGNOU to empower the less privileged - Aug 05, 2011
- IGNOU launches portal for IAF personnel - Sep 20, 2011
- IGNOU backs e-learning - Aug 26, 2011
- IGNOU to open Centre for Sindhi Language & Culture - Aug 23, 2011