IFFI aims to be ‘people friendly’September 5th, 2011 - 8:48 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Sep 5 (IANS) The International Film Festival of India (IFFI), held annually in Goa, will be presented in a new “people friendly” avatar this year, an official said Monday.
Speaking to reporters here, IFFI director Shankar Mohan said that some of the films screened at the festival will be shown on big screens for non-delegates at pre-decided venues.
?This year, IFFI is going to be different. The films will be more global and the festival itself will be people friendly.
?We will be introducing open air screening of the movies for non-delegates,? Mohan added.
Goa has been home to the IFFI for nearly a decade now. But the festival, which takes place in the last week of November, has seen controversy every year due to organisational issues and spats between the union information broadcasting ministry?s Directorate of Film Festivals and the Goa government?s Entertainment Society of Goa (ESG), which provides the logistics for the festival.
?We are trying to address those concerns,? Mohan said, adding that shifting of the venue from Panaji, the capital, to Margao, chief minister Digambar Kamat?s constituency located 30 kms from here, was one such issue.
Mohan also said that this year around, adequate attention will be given to the branding aspect of IFFI.
?There will be uniformity in the design of the festival this time. The entire film festival will have uniform theme,? Mohan said,
- Kamat's constituency gets Rs.15 crore to build cinema halls - Nov 25, 2011
- 'Filmmakers not being involved in film popularisation in Goa' - Dec 01, 2011
- IFFI kicks off Wednesday, half day in government offices - Nov 23, 2011
- Tags to Raj Kapoor lounge - sponsors chip in at IFFI - Nov 18, 2011
- Mike Pandey urges centre, Goa to bury IFFI hatchet - Jul 19, 2011
- IFFI organisers use football to warm up Goans to films - Nov 11, 2011
- Goa CM ducks queries on Amitabh's absence from film fest - Nov 20, 2010
- Squabbles over IFFI should stop: Goa chief minister - Sep 22, 2010
- Goa protests being edged out of IFFI organisation - Sep 08, 2010
- IFFI opening, closing shows to be outsourced - Sep 22, 2010
- Now, camp in a tent if you are in Goa for IFFI - Oct 04, 2011
- Indian Panorama section at IFFI to screen 47 films - Aug 21, 2012
- Jugglers, acrobats, jazz artists to enliven IFFI this year - Nov 10, 2010
- Goa film fest boosting our brand, says Kingfisher - Nov 17, 2010
- India's international film fest opens Monday (Curtain raiser) - Nov 21, 2010
Tags: adequate attention, chief minister, constituency, controversy, decade, delegates, director shankar, esg, film festivals, films, goa government, iffi, international film festival, logistics, mohan, s entertainment, screens, spats, uniformity, venue