Idli, vada breakfast for Clinton, KrishnaMay 8th, 2012 - 1:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 8 (IANS) A sumptuous breakfast of idli, vada and other south Indian delights was laid out for US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Indian External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna at the Taj Palace hotel here Tuesday.
“Clinton and Krishna had a south Indian platter for breakfast which included idli, vada, upma with chutney sambhar,” said an official of the hotel. The breakfast came ahead of their discussion on terrorism, the Afghan situation and other global issues.
Clinton, who is in India on a three-day visit, met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi Monday. She had earlier met West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata before flying to New Delhi.
- Hillary at Taj Palace! The tryst continues - May 09, 2012
- Iran, Pakistan on anvil as Clinton and Krishna meet (Afternoon Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Clinton, Krishna discuss terror, Afghanistan (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Clinton, Krishna meet in Delhi - May 08, 2012
- India, US send strong signals to Pakistan, Iran (Roundup) - May 08, 2012
- US, India must expand trade: Clinton - May 08, 2012
- Clinton's visit: India, US to discuss Afghanistan, Iran, n-deal (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- Clinton's India visit: Afghanistan, Iran, n-deal on agenda - May 04, 2012
- Clinton in Delhi to meet PM, Sonia - May 07, 2012
- Clinton visit: India to juggle ties with US, Iran - May 05, 2012
- Taj Khazana: Reviving rare but uniquely Indian art and craft (With Images) - Feb 26, 2012
- Clinton for strong India-US ties in innovation - May 08, 2012
- Hillary Clinton arrives in Kolkata (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- We'll be happy if Hillary visits Kolkata: Mamata - Apr 27, 2012
- Krishna arrives in Kabul - Jul 20, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,