I’d like to do an item number in Hindi film: Debina MookherjeeNovember 17th, 2011 - 9:06 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 17 (IANS) Item songs are a rage and television actress Debina Mookherjee, who likes doing different things, is hooked on to it. After doing dance numbers in regional movies, she wants to do one for a Hindi movie.
“As of now I don’t have any Bollywood project, but, yes, I am doing two item-songs - one for a southern movie called ‘Six’ and another for Punjabi film ‘Yara Mera Rab Warga’. I would definitely like to do an item number for Hindi moives,” Debina, a trained Kathak dancer, told IANS.
Meanwhile, the actress is excited about her new TV show “Chidyaghar”.
“I am playing Mayuri who dances a lot. I accepted this show because I wanted to attempt comedy on television. I have done serious roles; so it was something different,” she said.
Produced and directed by Ashwini Dheer, the show will go on air on SAB TV Nov 28. It also stars Rajendra Gupta, Sumit Arora, Paresh Ganatra and Shilpa Shinde.
Debina made her TV debut as Sita in “Ramayana” and later participated in reality shows like “Pati Patni aur Woh”, “Zor Ka Jhatka” and “Star Yaa Rockstar”.
She feels that most of the reality shows have a good dose of controversy because audiences enjoy watching them.
“Unfortunately, in today’s scenario nobody wants to talk about positive things. There is an inclination towards negativity. I believe, if this is the only way of getting TRPs, then why not? Controversy sells,” she said.
“The audience’s demand is increasing day by day and this is the reason why actors like us are stretching our limits, which sometimes moves towards negativity,” she added.
But she is not sure whether she will ever participate in shows that involve abusing and mudslinging.
“I don’t not know whether I will be comfortable doing such shows in future. As far as my projects are concerned, I always like to do something different; so none of my projects are similar to any of my previous projects,” she said.
“‘Ramayan’ was entirely different from ‘Pati, Patni and Woh’. Then I did ‘Zor Ka Jhataka’, which was also difficult and different. After that I did the singing reality show ‘Star and Rockstar’,” she added.
Debina is married to TV actor Gurmeet Choudhary whom she dated for more than four years before tying the knot in February.
What is it that she doesn’t like doing as an actress?
“I don’t think I can portray a negative character as I am not too keen on that. If I am not convinced then there is no point getting the role,” she said.
- Its Pati Patni aur Deskster for Gurmeet-Debina - May 14, 2010
- No time for marriage now, says Rakhi - Oct 06, 2010
- Salman orders 150 pizzas during shoot (Movie Snippets) - Aug 28, 2010
- Can't work 30 days in a month, says Gaurav - Sep 04, 2012
- When Debina missed Gurmeet! - May 06, 2010
- Tune in to 'Rakhi Ka Insaaf' to solve your problems - Aug 23, 2010
- Wedding bells for Gurmmet-Debina! - Oct 01, 2009
- Rakhi To Compete With Amitabh, Salman And Akshay With ‘Rakhi Ka Insaaf’ - Oct 13, 2010
- More 'real people', TRP-dictated content for Indian TV - Mar 22, 2011
- Now Rakhi will do justice on Imagine TV! - Aug 24, 2010
- ‘Imagine Parivaar’ To Bid 2010 Adieu In Style - Dec 21, 2010
- Gurmeet Choudhary Is Missing Debina Bonnerjee Terribly! - Dec 24, 2010
- It's tough to convince me: Shweta Tiwari (Interview) - Jan 12, 2012
- Quick money lures TV actors to reality shows - Jul 07, 2010
- Debina makes Gurmeet's day! - Feb 22, 2010
Tags: arora, ashwini, dance numbers, hindi movie, kathak dancer, moives, mudslinging, new tv show, paresh, rajendra gupta, ramayana, reality shows, sab tv, shilpa shinde, sumit, television actress, trps, tv debut, yaa, zor ka jhatka