Icy winds sweep Himachal townsDecember 26th, 2011 - 6:42 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Dec 26 (IANS) Icy winds enveloped the snow-covered hills and swept down across most of Himachal Pradesh Monday, with most parts recording sub-zero temperatures.
Shimla saw a some decline in night temperature at a low of 4.4 degrees Celsius from Sunday’s 6 degrees, the weather office here said.
Keylong in the Lahaul and Spiti district and Kalpa in Kinnaur district shivered respectively at 6.1 degrees and 1.6 degrees Celsius below the freezing point.
In Manali, the mercury slipped to minus 0.8 degree Celsius and in Solan to 2.7 degrees. However, Dharamsala was comparatively comfortable at 4.3 degrees Celsius.
The Met office forecast mainly dry weather for Tuesday.
- Snowfall likely in Himachal on New Year's Day - Dec 30, 2011
- Shimla slightly warm but cold persists in Himachal - Dec 28, 2011
- Icy winds sweep Himachal - Dec 13, 2010
- Himachal shivers, but Shimla slightly warmer - Dec 16, 2011
- Himachal's high hills record sub-zero temperatures - Jan 03, 2012
- Keylong freezes at minus 12.9 degrees - Jan 02, 2011
- Sunny but chilly in Himachal - Jan 23, 2012
- Fresh snow in Himachal, cold wave unabated - Feb 04, 2012
- Himachal's Keylong sees season's heaviest snow - Mar 05, 2012
- Himachal's Keylong in deep freeze at minus 6.1 degrees - Dec 24, 2011
- North India shivers as winter chill continues (Roundup) - Dec 27, 2011
- Cold wave persists in Himachal - Dec 29, 2011
- Himachal braces for rain, snow - Jan 02, 2012
- North India shivers, fog hits rail traffic (Roundup) - Dec 26, 2011
- Himachal's Keylong freezes at minus 16.7 degrees Celsius - Jan 24, 2011