ICRC helps in identifying Mumbai terror victimsDecember 1st, 2008 - 6:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 1 (IANS) In the aftermath of the attacks in Mumbai, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is assisting the Indian Red Cross Society in identifying the injured at hospitals and those who died in the terror strikes. “The identification of the victims is a priority for the family members, who at this point need to know as rapidly as possible what happened to their loved ones,” said Dusan Vujasanin, an ICRC delegate who is currently in Mumbai.
The ICRC is also assisting city pathologists to help them manage dead bodies, an ICRC statement said Monday.
Family members can contact the Indian Red Cross Help Line at 022-65235830, it added.
The terror attacks in Mumbai that began last Wednesday night and lasted till Saturday saw a group of armed men targeting 10 location in the city, including two five-star hotels. The three nights and two days in between saw 183 people being killed and left more than 325 injured before the terrorists were flushed out by National Security Guard (NSG) commandos.
- Chidambaram inaugurates NSG hub in Mumbai - Feb 23, 2012
- NIA website taken down to tighten anti-hacking security - Jul 05, 2011
- Security beefed up in Delhi ahead of Independence Day - Aug 08, 2011
- NSG regional hub inaugurated in Hyderabad - Dec 06, 2011
- British Red Cross worker found dead in Pakistan - Apr 29, 2012
- NSG commandos to operate from Delhi airport - Oct 16, 2009
- NSG gets land outside Kolkata for eastern hub - Sep 17, 2011
- Police officer warns ICRC, MSF on treating Maoists (Lead) - Jan 21, 2011
- Red Cross in trouble over first aid to Taliban - May 26, 2010
- 26/11 hero glad his ayurveda treatment approved - Jul 22, 2011
- Sticky bomb a bigger threat: NSG chief - Feb 15, 2012
- Commando held with contraband in Delhi - Feb 25, 2011
- Not 10, but 12 terrorists trained for Mumbai attack: Jindal - Jul 05, 2012
- Three nights and three days later, Mumbai's terror trauma ends (Roundup) - Nov 29, 2008
- Pune blast: Security beefed up in Mumbai, Maharashtra - Feb 14, 2010