ICC suspends Bangladesh spinner Razzak for suspected actionDecember 1st, 2008 - 5:06 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Dec 1 (IANS) The International Cricket Council (ICC) Monday suspended Bangladesh spinner Abdur Razzak from bowling due to a suspected action.The ICC said the bowler has been suspended pending fresh assessment after independent analysis of his bowling action revealed that it exceeded the 15-degree level of tolerance permitted under regulations.
The analysis was performed by Marc Portus, member of the ICC Panel of Human Movement Specialists, at the Australian Institute of Sport, Canberra Nov 17.
The analysis showed that the amount of elbow extension in Razzak’s bowling action for both his stock delivery and fast ball exceeded the 15 degree level of tolerance. The elbow extension ranged from 22 to 28 degrees and averaged 25 degrees while his quicker ball showed results in the 22 to 28-degree range with an average of 24 degrees.
Razzak was reported for a suspected illegal bowling action by the on-field umpires, Daryl Harper and Asoka de Silva after the second Test between Bangladesh and New Zealand played in Dhaka Saturday.
The spinner has the right to appeal against Portus’s conclusions to the Bowling Review Group within 14 days of receiving the report.
- ICC clears Snehal Pradhan's bowling action - Feb 08, 2012
- BCB to review Razzaks action before ICC assessment - Feb 06, 2009
- PCB to work on 'suspended' off-spinner Javeria Wadood's bowling action - Jul 07, 2010
- Windies star Shillingford's bowling action found to be illegal - Dec 21, 2010
- ICC clears Shane Shillingford's bowling action - Jun 05, 2011
- ICC invests to detect illegal bowling action - Aug 27, 2012
- Harbhajan has highly suspicious action, claims Hair - Aug 24, 2011
- Woman cricketer Snehal suspended for illegal bowling action - Aug 10, 2011
- India's Snehal Pradhan reported for suspected illegal bowling action - Jul 04, 2011
- Pakistani off-spinner reported for suspect action during T20 women World Cup - May 07, 2010
- ICC comes to defence of Saeed Ajmal - Mar 19, 2012
- Doosra cannot be bowled legally: Holding - Apr 27, 2011
- Abdul Razzak reported for suspect bowling action - Oct 30, 2008
- Samuels reported for suspected bowling action - Apr 15, 2012
- "Doosra" cannot be bowled legally: Michael Holding - Apr 27, 2011