ICC president congratulates India U-19 sideAugust 27th, 2012 - 9:29 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Aug 27 (IANS) International Cricket Council (ICC) president Alan Isaac Monday congratulated the Indian team for winning the U-19 World Cup for the third time Sunday in Australia.
“It has been an incredible performance by India. The way the team bounced back after losing the tournament opener reflects the talent and self-confidence of the side. And with captain Unmukt Chand leading the side from the front with a century in the final, it just sums up three great weeks for them in Townsville,” said Issac.
“Congratulations also to Will Bosisto’s Australia side, which gave a very good account of itself throughout the tournament. It’s just bad luck that the home side’s unbeaten run in the tournament had to come to an end in the final.
“Lastly, I would like to thank all the players and members of the support staff for giving their best performances while upholding the spirit of our Great Sport. I am sure the players will take a lot of positives from this tournament, including the education they received on anti-corruption, anti-doping and media relations,” Isaac concluded.
- U-19 victory: Unmukt Chand hails team effort - Aug 26, 2012
- ICC U-19 World Cup Final: Australia lock horns with India (Preview) - Aug 25, 2012
- India win U-19 World Cup as Chand-Patel overpower Australia (Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- ICC U-19 World Cup: India-Pakistan clash for place in semis - Aug 19, 2012
- U-19 World Cup: India bounce back beating Zimbabwe - Aug 14, 2012
- U-19 World Cup: India lose to West Indies by 4 wickets - Aug 12, 2012
- Indian diaspora basks in U-19 win glory - Aug 30, 2012
- India seniors laud U-19 World Champions - Aug 26, 2012
- ICC U-19 World Cup: Australia and South Africa set for semifinal clash (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- ICC U-19 World Cup: Australia march into semis - Aug 19, 2012
- U-19 World Cup: Australia beat England by six wickets - Aug 11, 2012
- Uttarakhand's Rs.11 lakh for Unmukt Chand - Aug 29, 2012
- Doping taint hurts kabaddi anti-drug campaign - Nov 15, 2011
- U-19 World Cup: Australia beat South Africa, enter final - Aug 21, 2012
- Scoreboard: India vs Australia, U-19 World Cup Final - Aug 26, 2012