ICC Board to discuss umpire decision review systemOctober 12th, 2008 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Oct 12 (IANS) International Cricket Council (ICC) board will meet here Tuesday to discuss a host of issues, including the umpire decision review system in Tests.Among other issues on the agenda of the two-day meeting are the Future Tours Programme (FTP) post-2012 and fresh dates in 2009 for the postponed ICC Champions Trophy.
The ICC Board will review a report on the umpire decision review system, which was trialled during the Sri Lanka-India Test series earlier this year.
If it deems it appropriate, the Board will nominate four series for further trials of the system between now and the meeting of the ICC’s Cricket Committee, due to take place in April-May next year, ICC said in a statement.
The idea of further trials would be to provide exposure to the system for as many match referees, umpires and players as possible before arriving at a decision on whether it should be implemented permanently.
With the current FTP due to finish in May 2012, the ICC Board will discuss further the concept of an alternative structure to bilateral tours, including the possibility of an enhanced Test championship.
The ICC Chief Executive will present an option to the ICC Board on how the Champions Trophy, postponed from Sept 2008, can be slotted into the FTP in 2009.
ICC President David Morgan will also report to the Board on his discussions with Subhash Chandra of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited concerning the Indian Cricket League.
- ICC Board discusses umpire decision review system - Oct 15, 2008
- ICC goes along with Indian board, DRS is not mandatory - Oct 11, 2011
- Spotlight on PCB boss Butt at ICC meeting focusing on 'spot-fixing' - Oct 12, 2010
- ICC's new ODI league to commence after World Cup (Lead) - Dec 01, 2010
- ICC cricket committee to re-consider legality of switch-hit - May 28, 2012
- ICC poised to dump Champions Trophy for new Future Tours Program - Nov 29, 2010
- 2011 World Cup: ICC green signal for umpire review system - Jul 01, 2010
- BCCI to uppose ICC panel's recommendation on UDRS - May 12, 2011
- UDRS not reliable, reiterates Indian cricket board - Jun 18, 2011
- Pakistan unhappy with cricket's FTP - Dec 01, 2010
- ICC annual meet may be stormy over UDRS, World Cup format - Jun 24, 2011
- BCCI, Tendulkar want UDRS to be accurate - Jun 17, 2011
- ICC declines to make DRS mandatory, retains current format - Jun 27, 2012
- ICC to discuss India's reservations on UDRS - Sep 21, 2011
- Dar backs new umpire referral system - Nov 19, 2009