Ibrahimovic, Silva sold to PSG, admits BerlusconiJuly 13th, 2012 - 2:44 pm ICT by IANS
Rome, July 13 (IANS) AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has confirmed that Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva have been sold to French football club Paris Saint-Germain (PSG).
“Yes, I’ve sold Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva to PSG,” he told Sky Sport 24. “We will save 150 million euros (about $183 million) over two years.”
Reports emerged this week that PSG would splash 62 million euros (about $75.6 million) to sign Thiago Silva, with whom they had agreed a deal in June, and Ibrahimovic, reports Xinhua.
Ibrahimovic’s agent, Mino Raiola, met with AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani Wednesday and then headed to the French capital for talks with PSG director Leonardo Thursday.
According to L’Equipe, the Sweden striker had agreed to the move in principle and Berlusconi has now confirmed the news.
- Swedish striker Ibrahimovic joins Paris Saint-Germain - Jul 18, 2012
- Silva to stay at AC Milan: Berlusconi - Jun 15, 2012
- Brazil winger Lucas joins PSG for 43 million euros - Aug 09, 2012
- AC Milan confirm talks for sale of Brazil star Silva - Jun 13, 2012
- Paris Saint-Germain signs Brazilian defender Silva - Jul 15, 2012
- Silva reveals pact with Ibrahimovic - Aug 15, 2012
- AC Milan seeks Kaka-Ibrahimovic swap - Jun 19, 2012
- PSG eyes $85 mn-bid for Brazilian duo - Jun 03, 2012
- AC Milan confirm Cassano-Pazzini swap - Aug 23, 2012
- Manchester City reject Milan's Tevez bid - Dec 11, 2011
- Brazil captain Silva ruled out of friendlies - Sep 01, 2012
- Tevez is money-seeker, says Seedorf - Dec 12, 2011
- Corinthians chasing AC Milan striker Pato - Apr 25, 2012
- Pato likely to stay with AC Milan - Jan 13, 2012
- Brazil captain Silva ruled out - Sep 02, 2012
Tags: 6 million, ac milan, adriano galliani, ceo, club paris, football club, french capital, french football, l equipe, leonardo, paris saint germain, principle, rome, silvio berlusconi, sky sport, sport 24, striker, thiago silva, xinhua, zlatan ibrahimovic