IAS officer’s spouse held for manhandling judgeSeptember 25th, 2008 - 6:12 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Sep 25 (IANS) Spouse of a senior IAS officer was arrested after she barged into a local court in Chhattisgarh and manhandled and threatened a lady judge, the police said Thursday.“Rozi Singh barged into the chamber of a family court judge, Sangeeta Tiwari, here Wednesday evening and manhandled her when the judge objected to her speaking loudly in the court room,” Amit Kumar, Raipur district superintendent of police, told reporters.
“She (Rozi Singh) has been arrested on charges of manhandling and threatening the judge,” Kumar added.
Singh was a regular visitor to Tiwari’s court in connection with a long-pending case of separation (divorce) with her husband, Ajay Pal Singh, who is secretary, general administration department.
- Ex-army man guns down Delhi doctor, held (Second Lead) - Sep 19, 2012
- Home ministry official sent to six days' police custody - Nov 24, 2010
- Priest held for raping woman sent to police custody (Lead) - Mar 15, 2010
- Home ministry officer charge sheeted for leaks - Jan 22, 2011
- Former maid, paramour arrested for robbing French national's house - Apr 22, 2012
- Raipur aiport renamed after Swami Vivekanand - Jan 24, 2012
- 15 IAS officials shifted in Chhattisgarh - Feb 13, 2012
- Maoist wanted in Jharkhand held in Delhi (Second Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Official accused of spying moves for bail - Feb 11, 2011
- Suspended IAS officer withdraws bail plea - Jan 28, 2011
- Sohrabuddin killing: CBI opposes case trial in Gujarat - Jun 13, 2011
- Neighbour held for schoolboy's abduction - Jan 10, 2011
- Collector's abduction: Tension as Maoist deadline ends (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Rajasthan IPS official's bail rejected - Jul 16, 2012
- Man stabs his sister on suspicion of witchcraft - Oct 01, 2011