IAS officer grilled in Himachal PradeshJuly 23rd, 2008 - 7:05 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 23 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh vigilance bureau has once again grilled Subhash Ahluwalia, a high-profile Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer and former private secretary to ex-chief minister Virbhadra Singh, in connection with a disproportionate assets case, said an official here Wednesday. The bureau has asked details from Ahluwalia about any foreign remittances received by him from his children, who are working in the US, a top vigilance bureau official told IANS Wednesday.
The bureaucrat was asked to furnish details about expenditure on his children’s education in the US.
The bureau also questioned him about an orchard purchased by his close relative in Shimla district.
Vigilance department spokesman, deputy inspector-general Ashok Kumar Sharma, said Ahluwalia was questioned about bank accounts and assets.
Ahluwalia’s wife, Meera, is also under the scanner of the bureau.
She was accused of foreign jaunts at the expense of a private company which is setting up a cement plant in the hill state.
During the previous government, Ahluwalia was private secretary to the chief minister for over four years.
He is the third person who occupied influential position in the previous government who was grilled by the bureau.
Earlier, former horticulture minister Singhi Ram and former chairman of the state school education board were booked by the bureau in a forged marksheet case involving Singhi’s daughter.
When contacted, Ahluwalia refused to comment on the probe.
- Himachal IAS officer arrested in disproportionate assets case - Oct 08, 2008
- Himachal bureaucrat to be quizzed for suspected graft - Oct 09, 2008
- Himachal bureaucrat's bail plea hearing reserved - Oct 14, 2008
- Virbhadra Singh seeks speedy trial in graft case - Sep 07, 2012
- IAS officer being probed for corruption in Himachal - Aug 12, 2008
- Himachal asked to give details on its tainted officials - Sep 04, 2010
- Graft case: Virbhadra Singh fails to get reprieve in court - Jan 07, 2012
- Suspension of controversial Himachal bureaucrat revoked - Jun 17, 2009
- Virbhadra determined to steer assembly poll (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Aug 03, 2012
- Opposition Congress at receiving end (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 18, 2012
- Expose fake Himachal colleges, court tells CBI (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
- Announce chief minister candidates early: Virbhadra - Apr 10, 2012
- Himachal land purchase by Bhushan illegal: Virbhadra - Feb 21, 2012
- CBI grills Andhra minister in Jagan case - May 23, 2012
- Congress extended favours to Jaiprakash Associates: Dhumal - May 07, 2012