IAS aspirant held for impersonationJuly 11th, 2011 - 10:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 11 (IANS) A 25-year-old IAS aspirant who sat for an examination for selection of Assistant Central Intelligence Officer in place of his friend for a fee of Rs.1 lakh has been arrested, police said Monday.
“Rohit Deshwal, who hails from Sonepat in Haryana, was arrested for appearing at the exam for selection of Intelligence Bureau officer for his friend Sunil Kumar, who has also been arrested,” said a senior police officer.
The inspector at a government school where the examination was conducted on Sunday got suspicious after matching Rohit Deshwal’s face with the picture on the admit card.
The school informed police and subsequently Deshwal was arrested. “Deshwal told us that he was a computer science post-graduate and was preparing for the civil services examinations. At a coaching institute in Kingsway Camp in North Delhi, Deshwal met Sunil Kumar a month ago,” said the officer.
Police said that Sunil Kumar convinced him to appear for the exam for a fee of Rs.1 lakh.
- AIIMS paper leak case: Another doctor arrested - Jul 17, 2012
- IAS aspirant held for extortion bid - Nov 24, 2010
- Three held in Haryana for medical test fraud - Jun 30, 2012
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- AIIMS paper leak accused sent to judicial custody - Jan 17, 2012
- MCD teachers racket busted, seven arrested - Feb 29, 2012
- Two doctors arrested in AIIMS exam leak racket (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested (Second Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Three held for impersonating in exams - Jun 16, 2011
- Property dealer, MBA student cheat ATM users - Apr 09, 2012
- 77 go to jail for exam fraud - Aug 14, 2012
- Seven arrested for open school exam fraud - Apr 24, 2012
- The NRI as bureaucrat: coaching schools warm up to idea - Aug 07, 2012
- 36 arrested for leaking exam papers in Bihar - Feb 17, 2012
- Conman held for impersonation - Jun 12, 2011
Tags: aspirant, central intelligence, coaching institute, computer science, government school, impersonation, intelligence bureau, intelligence officer, lakh, New Delhi, north delhi, police officer, post graduate, rohit, rs 1, science post, sonepat, sunil kumar