IAF to stage exercise in Gujarat, RajasthanNovember 9th, 2011 - 11:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 9 (IANS) The Indian Air Force (IAF) will Nov 20-Dec 13 conduct an aerial exercise spanning Gujarat and Rajasthan “to validate and test new concepts in order to fully operationalise the new acquisitions,” an official release said.
Titled MahaGujRaj-2011, the exercise will be conducted by the Gandhinagar-based South Western Air Command (SWAC).
“The aim is to impart realistic training to all our air warriors to face challenges that may arise both in the sub conventional and the conventional operations and to validate and test new concepts in order to fully operationalise the new acquisitions,” the release said.
Most of the operational units of SWAC would participate in the exercise.
In addition, joint operations will be carried out with the Indian Army’s Southern Command in conjunction with exercise Sudershan Shakti.
This phase of the exercise will be held in the Rajasthan sector and will include fighter, transport and helicopter operations, the release said.
Aircraft like Sukhoi SU-30MKI, Mirage-2000, Jaguar, MiG-29, MiG-27 and MiG-21 Bison would take part in the exercise.
Latest acquisitions like the Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS), flight refuellers and new radars with networking systems will also be deployed during the exercise.
- Indian Air Force holds war games in northeast - Mar 01, 2012
- Army's desert exercise enters crucial phase - Nov 24, 2011
- India to induct Akash missiles, holds war game in northeast (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- MiG-21 crashes in Punjab, pilot safe - Sep 06, 2011
- IAF to induct indigenous radars - May 31, 2011
- Russia, neighbours to hold air defence drills - Sep 14, 2012
- Air Marshal Browne to be next Indian Air Force chief - May 20, 2011
- Regional security extremely fragile, says IAF chief - Oct 08, 2011
- IAF to induct medium-power radars (Lead, superseding previous story) - May 31, 2011
- Why Russia is losing out in the Indian defence market (Comment) - Jun 14, 2012
- IAF chief describes security situation in India's neighbourhood volcanic - Oct 08, 2010
- IAF conducts dress rehearsal ahead of 'Vayu Shakti-2010' - Feb 25, 2010
- Indian Army, air force practice enemy annihilation - May 12, 2011
- Govt to phase-out MiG fighter aircraft by 2017: Antony - Feb 23, 2011
- 70 aircraft to feature at air force's firepower demonstration Sunday - Feb 22, 2010
Tags: acquisitions, air warriors, bison, conventional operations, gandhinagar, gujarat, helicopter operations, iaf, indian air force, indian army, joint operations, mirage 2000, networking systems, New Delhi, operational units, radars, rajasthan, refuellers, su 30mki, sukhoi